• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.
A

Alecia the Foxx

Shes just LA trash with Kmart quality clothing being sold as a labelled brand for millions of $$$$... Oh and did i mention, she was married to a basketball star... Meh, couldn't care less! LOL

Siren x

Oooooh ... harsh!!! How can a person be trash?

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Thanks guys.....I am in the picture now. Hmmmmmm thinking abut it I have to agree with you happytimes. Socialites are only as famous as the media makes them and obviously she found the key to lot's of media attention....lol......so it is a media problem.
By the way Paris hilton was mentioned along the thread......what happened to her? Did she lose the media attention? So saaadddddd.:laughing4

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
I know we are all informed and educated and have both legs on the ground (lol or so we think) but do you guys actually look up your horoscope/stars in the paper/the internet? and if so do you do it just for fun or do you pay attention to it?

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

svengali

Foundation Member
Nah!!

I used to read it for laughs but nowadays I put it into the same B.S. category as religion and other forms of superstition

C

Chanel

i don't really believe on stars sign but it doesn't stop me reading my horoscope some time.i actually do enjoy reading it lol it is fun :)

asianguy77

Diamond Member
I know we are all informed and educated and have both legs on the ground (lol or so we think) but do you guys actually look up your horoscope/stars in the paper/the internet? and if so do you do it just for fun or do you pay attention to it?

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No, when I read the newspaper I start from the sports section - > Front page - news stories - > comic section - > and maybe horoscopes for a good laugh. Either way, the descriptions are way too vague and could be applied and twisted however way you like to make it fit and applicable to you.

Also I feel Chinese horoscopes are more accurate if thats possible, as your sign is based on the year you are born, rather than the month, and then from there it can also be further broken down to like wood, fire, etc depending on the time you were born.

Last edited:

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I enjoy reading mine sometimes even thou most of it tends to be a bit of bull...

What I also enjoy doing is reading old magazines and what the psychics predict for a famous persons future.

Since so many do take things like this seriously, if you were to see someone and they told you for example you should change careers or a spouse was cheating on you and it turned out to be a big mistake are you able to sue???

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I have some friends take thier Chinese horoscopes very seriously and one have even chosen thier wedding day based on whether the information said it was a good or bad day...

What about Feng Shui?? How many believe in that??

asianguy77

Diamond Member
I have some friends take thier Chinese horoscopes very seriously and one have even chosen thier wedding day based on whether the information said it was a good or bad day...

What about Feng Shui?? How many believe in that??

If Feng Shui is to "balance the energies of any given space to assure the health and good fortune for people" and the world/universe is made up of different energies, it's not silly as it sounds. Maybe some truth to it.

P

profpunt

That seems to be my wife's self appointed job in our household,I show interest for her sake (or peace) more than anything.

David_San

Gold Member
I get the paper every morning for the office and first thing I do is go to the Today section of The West have have a gander at what sort of day Capricorns are going to have & what the burning question is / what recipe they have for the day. I think it's a bit of fun I dont take it too seriously.

Fudd

Foundation Member
....nah, I don't bother with horoscopes considering that my western sign is a Tampon (Libra) and my eastern sign is a Cock (rooster)......no good can come of it.....lol.... :)

svengali

Foundation Member
Now, I believe Feng Shui does work and, yes, I once had a Chinese horoscope done. The practitioner had only met me that day so knew nothing about me beyond my name and birth date but her description of my "pillars" or guiding principles and the description of my character and how it was formed were uncomfortably frank and accurate. I am not overly emotional but had a hard time keeping the famous British "stiff upper lip" during the reading.

Mind you, this horoscope was specific to me wheras those in the papers are generic for anyone in a particular 28 day period so some inaccuracy is inevitable. Maybe one day, for fairness, I will have an astrologer work one out for me.

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
I am not a believer in star signs either and like most of you guys I sometimes read it for entertainment. I never got a Chinese one done but I did happen to read my chinese horoscope. It worked out to be far more accurate than the newspaper one. Hmmmmm so maybe something to look into a bit more.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sunyun

Legend Member
About 12 years ago, a lady come to work in our office, and her part time job was writing horoscopes for the West. Often, when she was very busy, she would ask for help, and would give us a bag of cardboard squares with sentences on them. All we had to do was pull out squares and read them out to her as she named each star sign. A totally random process.

Ive never read one since.

Cheers.

Demon

Legend Member
I sometimes read them for a laugh. Only when I have nothing to do while having a breakfast coffee. It is amusing to read all 12 to see the similarities. And how general they are so you can interpret any way you want.

Sherry

Staff member
Legend Member
Most def for feng shui-I have had it explained to me and it made so much sense-
Horoscopes not so much but then again I have heard that if you have your chart done properly they take into consideration where the planets were on the day you were born. So you may be a scorpio but on the day you were born the moon might of been in Libra, the sun in Leo etc and that will obviously effect your star sign. I think it's funny how we have advanced so much with technology,science, medicine and so forth yet people still won't walk under ladders and some high rise buildings don't have a 13th floor! Crazy!!

S

Saige

Horoscopes and Astrologers is a bit like the sex ndustry in that you have the real and the fake.....and most people with a brain know at the first instance the differnce!!

I am a Leo with Virgo in nine of my houses and a rabbit....and my personality is very spot on to the characteristics xxx

FUDD..we will have to call you Prince Charles from now on...after all he wanted to be/or come baclk as tampon...as the call to Camilla went:laughing4

Happy2

Legend Member
I am glad horoscopes Or as mine read last week Horror scopes are hooey
Imagine if one in every twelve people were doing exactly the same as you
It would be a boring monotonous world
And forget lotto if every twelth persons lucky numbers came up we would be getting jackpots of $12 if lucky

N

Naughty Thoughts

I like the Simpsons halloween episode where Homer becomes the grim reaper.

[Homer] Ooh! My horoscope. Taurus: today you will die.
[Marge] What!
[Lisa] That's unusually specific.
[Marge] Maybe I better check mine *checks* Today your husband will die. Homer! I'm scared!

I'm with Demon on this one. I don't read mine specifically, I read all of them. Generally 8 or 9 will fit me quite perfectly. All of them if I stretch it a little.

W

wingman

"Today your recent big decision will prove itself correct"

Oh thats a sigh of relief, thank you $2 newspaper.

Happy2

Legend Member
You know lone road Until someone like yourself reminds me I forget
how clever some of the writing on the simpsons can be

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
hehehehe love the Simpsons......more in there than in a horoscope.
Apparently I have a goal to achieve (only one?????? are you kidding??????) I am supposed to "gather my energies and drive myself forward with plenty of passion and purpose"........so here we go......love the passsion bit :laughing4

But I have to admit even when laughing about the horoscopes I never had the guts to go to a palm reader or fortune teller. I know a couple of people who have done it and it was not to for their best. Anybody any experiences?

R.xxxxxxxxx

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
I am in the best moods ever......final exams today and all went well :eek:ccasion14......so no more studies, no more stress and enough time to look forward to a well earned 2 weeks break over xmas. Honestly.......I am counting down.....lol.....only a little bit.
So what is everybody up to over xmas? Something exciting?

R.xxxxxxxxxx

asianguy77

Diamond Member
Re: Looking forward to a xmas break

I am in the best moods ever......final exams today and all went well :eek:ccasion14......so no more studies, no more stress and enough time to look forward to a well earned 2 weeks break over xmas. Honestly.......I am counting down.....lol.....only a little bit.
So what is everybody up to over xmas? Something exciting?

R.xxxxxxxxxx

Yeah everyone deserves a well earned rest. Life can be rather routine. Going to be good uncle and visit nephews and nieces. How you spending it? Going on vacation?

Fudd

Foundation Member

....just working....... :violent1:

P

Peter

Damn does that mean I can't book you for my birthday on the 24th. Bugger