• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.

Privacy in Relationships?

asianguy77

Diamond Member
To what extent do you believe privacy exists in relationships?

Do you believe you should be able to read each others emails/phone texts if the other asks?

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
In my experience......if there is an urge to read a partners message or feel the need to hide messages, a relationship is on its way to being in trouble.

As to extent of privacy or whether such things should be done or not. There is no general answer. Or at least I don't have one.

C

colzilla

Agreed Y. Pretty sure if you feel the need to read someone's texts or emails you may as well pack your bags.

If she's still talking to the "Ex"... Ditch her and go straight to the nearest house of ill repute.

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy, as a general rule, I never look at someone, emails, txt, bags etc If it is there property I do not get near it.
I have to Agree with Yoda and Col, basically your ship is heading into a storm and you will find yourself in Davey Jones Locker (dead at the bottom of the ocean)

T

Thatguy

I believe in trust and honesty... if you have to hide something.. then there's something wrong..

if you don't trust your partner that much that you need to read their txts, emails etc.. then there's something wrong...

Even if there is nothing to hide and no issues.. I don't ever see the need to read someone elses texts or emails unless they ask me to.. or invite me to for some reason..

asianguy77

Diamond Member
Thanks for the input guys. Would like to hear a ladies perspective on this, as they may look at differently LOL

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Emails, phones, address books and diaries (bit old fashioned I know.......), wallets, mail..........are a no-go zone. And I can honestly say that I have never gone through them even in times of emotional distress. I do expect my partners to do the same.

Believe it or not even as a naughty teenager I never went through my mum's/dad's wallet to take a few coins.

If you have a trust problem with a partner confront it face to face without a sneaky detour.