Price of gas is up I hope the doesn't get Mary-Anne's attention

Ms Sue

Legend Member
Re: nina sydney

Hi Nina,
I was surprised that it went up by 8.5% over night with no notice.......
The pensioners are already struggling and I would hate to see them have no heating because they can not afford it this winter...
The government really need to look at these issues....
Ms Sue

W

WRXXXR

Why is it that everything seems to go up except our pay packets??

The reality is that the cost of doing business has risen (lease, overheads, transport etc) and more often than not the price that consumers see is simply to cover that. Generally speaking, you wont make any more profit (which allows for employee pay rises).

I heard it was about 90c a week average. SFA really and given the high cost of living, it's still popular :p

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Could it be (question and not a statement).

That the seemingly unreasonable demands on the public is a reflection and a direct collective manifestation that we as modern humans are becoming more unreasonably demanding?

Last edited:

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
And while we are at it........what about rents in Perth? The average rent is around $540 a week. That's unreal. That is the equivalent of a $28000 annual income. And then on top of it power, gas and general costs of living. Not much left for fun. The only thing that doesn't go up are wages. Why I am not surprised.

R.xxxxxxxxxxx

Morgan Sapphire

Diamond Member
Unfortunately we as a nation have to compete with cheaper nations around the globe and putting up everyone's wage is not part of the overall plan. I don't like the cost of living in this wonderful country of ours either, but I guess we all have to do what we can with what we've got.