• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Rachy

Rachael Canberra
Gold Member
One in a million pregnancy ‘blows doctor’s mind’
  • 24 HOURS AGO MAY 18, 2015 12:46AM
342783-feca21ee-fc98-11e4-8350-bd0ae55feeaa.jpg

Medical mystery ... cloacal malformation is usually diagnosed at birth and repaired right away so that the baby has a separate urethra, vagina, and rectum. Picture: Thinkstock Source: News Limited

A US woman born with an ‘incredibly rare’ genital malformation has astounded doctors by successfully falling pregnant and giving birth.

When Brian Steixner, MD, a urologist in Atlantic City, New Jersey, was in medical school, he witnessed the “lucky” one in a million patient who became pregnant after having anal sex, the New York Post reports.

One night, a young, pregnant woman came into the emergency department complaining of spotting. While it’s relatively common for women to have light spotting during pregnancy, the blood was coming from her rectum. That—not so common.

346585-1a878b2e-fc99-11e4-8350-bd0ae55feeaa.jpg

One in a million ... the patient reported she exclusively had anal sex prior to getting pregnant. Picture: ThinkstockSource: News Limited

The woman was born with what’s called a cloacal malformation. Meaning: When she was born, she did not have a urethra, vagina, and anus. She just had one hole, called a cloaca. (Incidentally, birds have them.) The condition is incredibly rare, occurring in about one in 25,000 female live births, says Dr Steixner (and only in girls). While no one knows what causes it, it is usually diagnosed at birth and repaired right away so that the baby has a separate urethra, vagina, and rectum.

That is what happened in this woman’s case. However, something went wrong. Either the surgery was botched or in response to the trauma of surgery, her body formed a fistula (an abnormal connection between organs), and her uterus fused to her rectum. Every month she had her period rectally.

342837-e92bbee2-fc98-11e4-8350-bd0ae55feeaa.jpg

Difficult ... women born with cloacal malformation can face health problems throughout life. Picture: Thinkstock Source:Supplied

During Dr Steixner’s conversation with the woman, he says that she mentioned she exclusively had anal sex prior to getting pregnant. “It blew my mind,” he says. A few months later, she had a caesarean and the child was healthy, he says.

Dr Steixner says he does not know what happened to the woman after she had the baby. And while the case of a woman getting pregnant through anal sex due to a cloacal malformation is incredibly rare, being born with a cloaca can be incredibly difficult, even if it is repaired at birth.

“Building the walls to separate the three passages [the urethra, vagina, and rectum] is delicate work,” he says. “The longer the walls need to be built, the closer surgeons get to the urethral and anal sphincters. Some women suffer from leakage of urine and stool their entire lives. It’s a huge psychological and quality of life issue.”

For the curious. even if the urethra and anus do not work 100 per cent perfectly after cloacal repairs, everything—vagina included—does look pretty “normal.”

R

ross89

Very unusual! I once met a girl who told her mum she got pregnant from swimming in a pool at the Bounty in Bali!!

Happy2

Legend Member
I think some of these truly horrible people in this world Are conceived using the "Backdoor" and born using said door

Jaylily

Gold Member
One in a million pregnancy ‘blows doctor’s mind’
  • 24 HOURS AGO MAY 18, 2015 12:46AM
342783-feca21ee-fc98-11e4-8350-bd0ae55feeaa.jpg

Medical mystery ... cloacal malformation is usually diagnosed at birth and repaired right away so that the baby has a separate urethra, vagina, and rectum. Picture: Thinkstock Source: News Limited

A US woman born with an ‘incredibly rare’ genital malformation has astounded doctors by successfully falling pregnant and giving birth.

When Brian Steixner, MD, a urologist in Atlantic City, New Jersey, was in medical school, he witnessed the “lucky” one in a million patient who became pregnant after having anal sex, the New York Post reports.

One night, a young, pregnant woman came into the emergency department complaining of spotting. While it’s relatively common for women to have light spotting during pregnancy, the blood was coming from her rectum. That—not so common.

346585-1a878b2e-fc99-11e4-8350-bd0ae55feeaa.jpg

One in a million ... the patient reported she exclusively had anal sex prior to getting pregnant. Picture: ThinkstockSource: News Limited

The woman was born with what’s called a cloacal malformation. Meaning: When she was born, she did not have a urethra, vagina, and anus. She just had one hole, called a cloaca. (Incidentally, birds have them.) The condition is incredibly rare, occurring in about one in 25,000 female live births, says Dr Steixner (and only in girls). While no one knows what causes it, it is usually diagnosed at birth and repaired right away so that the baby has a separate urethra, vagina, and rectum.

That is what happened in this woman’s case. However, something went wrong. Either the surgery was botched or in response to the trauma of surgery, her body formed a fistula (an abnormal connection between organs), and her uterus fused to her rectum. Every month she had her period rectally.

342837-e92bbee2-fc98-11e4-8350-bd0ae55feeaa.jpg

Difficult ... women born with cloacal malformation can face health problems throughout life. Picture: Thinkstock Source:Supplied

During Dr Steixner’s conversation with the woman, he says that she mentioned she exclusively had anal sex prior to getting pregnant. “It blew my mind,” he says. A few months later, she had a caesarean and the child was healthy, he says.

Dr Steixner says he does not know what happened to the woman after she had the baby. And while the case of a woman getting pregnant through anal sex due to a cloacal malformation is incredibly rare, being born with a cloaca can be incredibly difficult, even if it is repaired at birth.

“Building the walls to separate the three passages [the urethra, vagina, and rectum] is delicate work,” he says. “The longer the walls need to be built, the closer surgeons get to the urethral and anal sphincters. Some women suffer from leakage of urine and stool their entire lives. It’s a huge psychological and quality of life issue.”

For the curious. even if the urethra and anus do not work 100 per cent perfectly after cloacal repairs, everything—vagina included—does look pretty “normal.”

Wow, is all I can say :jawdrop:

Jaylily

Gold Member
That will definitely pop my piggy bank. :smuggrin:

Imagine explaining that to friends/family that you are pregnant from a one night stand that occurred while having anal sex, if that was told to me I wouldn't know whether to laugh or not :eek:

Happy2

Legend Member
Imagine explaining that to friends/family that you are pregnant from a one night stand that occurred while having anal sex, if that was told to me I wouldn't know whether to laugh or not :eek:
Especially if it was your gay mate

homer

Doh!
Legend Member

LoL...there is nothing to explain, if the lady is pregnant, she was doing something wrong or the guy needed a super accurate GPS to point him to the blowhole and not the tunnel where an offspring would slither out of. But in this case, the lady had a real excuse of butt butt butt that's where he inserted his probe.

Jaylily

Gold Member
LoL...there is nothing to explain, if the lady is pregnant, she was doing something wrong or the guy needed a super accurate GPS to point him to the blowhole and not the tunnel where an offspring would slither out of. But in this case, the lady had a real excuse of butt butt butt that's where he inserted his probe.

He must of had a wetsuit and a divers helmet with his GPS :rolleyes: