• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.
R

Reefer

I'm new to your sight but thought you all would be the best to ask as I have been told I will need a hysterectomy but I'm frightened sex will not be the same as I have thoughts it will be an empty space as my uterus will be gone please someone with this experience re-assure me that it wont make a difference .

sioxie

Foundation Member
Reefer i have alot of experience in this area due to my work and all i can say from talkin to other women is that it is the psychological impact that they have the most trouble with dealing with not the actual physical affects.........it seems to make not much different to the sexual side of things alot of women actually are relieved at not having to worry abt contraception and the dreaded monthlies.....

Its abit like women who undergo mastectomies its the thought of not bein a "whole woman" anymore......it all depends how u look at it....

there is alot of info on the net abt the subject so mayb u want to do abit more reading before u make the decision to go ahead with the op or not....

C

cli-max

Trust Me..................

Hi Reefer.

Trust me babe, it's one subject i CAN give advice on!
I had to have a full hysterectomy when i was 28 years old, due to advanced endometriosis. Luckily i had already had my children. I too wasn't happy about it, and felt that too many of these ops were done unnecessarily!
The pain got so bad that i had no choice so it went ahead.
My sister in law had warned me that i would get whiskers on my chin, and develop a deep voice - so you can imagine my fear! Well, i've got to tell you that within a couple of weeks of the op, i felt depression and all i did was ball my eyes out. It IS a hell of a shock to the system, let alone so young.
I was put on hormone replacement therapy, and ever since i've never felt better, not only physically but mentally. That was 26 years ago. And to be honest, sex was/is FAR better! :headban
There is obviously a need for you to have the op babe. Whatever the reason, you will be healthier and therefor happier. We are lucky that medical science is so advanced as to help us women these days, with minimal discomfort.

Keep your chin up and stay in touch.
xx Maxeen

sioxie

Foundation Member
Max i dont agree......i ws told 4 years ago i needed a hyster and i was all booked for it until i did some research on the net and found there was alternative to surgery......i was not prepared to put myself thru the physical pain until i found out the full details and i did find an alternative and a no longer needed the surgery......so u need to not jump into what is still major surgery even today u need to b fully aware........and make an informed decision, and get several medical opinions is my advice :)

C

cli-max

You're right of course Sioxie, in more than one point you made. It would take me a week to go right through my past gyneological history though.
( Danny already calls me Dear Abbey - with my posts ) :happy4:

I tried the alternatives and had many medical opinions from Gyno's to make the informed decision, in the 5 years leading up to the op. Believe me babe, I didn't jump into major surgery - which of course it is.
Also we are talking about a last resort to give me some quality of life, some 26 years ago, not 4. Medical science has come a long way in that time.

I also had approx 5 laparoscopy ops in an attempt to avoid the Hyst. Problems occured with the last of those.
Puting myself through the physical pain of the op, was minimal discomfort - compared to the agony that used to drop me to my knees, or the Peth. jabs in the tops of my legs ( and more debilitating effects that are best left unsaid - here )

The question was 'Will sex be the same - will it make a difference'
I am someone with this experience Reefer, and i can re-assure you that it was the same and it didn't make a difference.

xx Maxeen :angel1:

L

Lisa

Medical

I must be the youngest one here that had a hysterectomy. I was 10 when I had mine, but mine was part hysterectomy. Nothing was growning probly as aNormal 10 year old.. One thing that I hate now, is because I could not have a fanily of my own... ::)
Lisa

cli-max said:
Hi Reefer.

Trust me babe, it's one subject i CAN give advice on!
I had to have a full hysterectomy when i was 28 years old, due to advanced endometriosis. Luckily i had already had my children. I too wasn't happy about it, and felt that too many of these ops were done unnecessarily!
The pain got so bad that i had no choice so it went ahead.
My sister in law had warned me that i would get whiskers on my chin, and develop a deep voice - so you can imagine my fear! Well, i've got to tell you that within a couple of weeks of the op, i felt depression and all i did was ball my eyes out. It IS a hell of a shock to the system, let alone so young.
I was put on hormone replacement therapy, and ever since i've never felt better, not only physically but mentally. That was 26 years ago. And to be honest, sex was/is FAR better! :headban
There is obviously a need for you to have the op babe. Whatever the reason, you will be healthier and therefor happier. We are lucky that medical science is so advanced as to help us women these days, with minimal discomfort.

Keep your chin up and stay in touch.
xx Maxeen

sioxie

Foundation Member
Im so sorry to hear that lisa it must have been very hard for u especially not being able to have a family.

Siox xx

L

Lisa

Yes it is hard

It is at times, some times I have learned to cope with it. But I wish everyrthing was normal...

C

cli-max

They say that everything happens for a reason Lisa, and it seems 'he' does move in mysterious ways! :dontknow:
Of course you wish things could have been different, and i'm sorry to hear it.

Maybe - just maybe, there's a child or chidren that will come into your life in different circumstances than the 'normal'
You can't help but love a child that you raise as a mother, being the birth mother or adoptive. The world is full of children born everyday, that don't have the love and support of parents. I don't believe the saying that blood is thicker than water. Love is something that grows day by day. Any child deserves that - and so do you.

Try to keep an open mind in that direction Lisa. :sign13:
'Best of luck babe.

L

Lisa

Thanks

:walk: Thanks Everyone for listening and the advice....

;D Lisa ::)

M

Mary Anne PA

Hey Reefer

any update on how you've gone in regards to the hysterectomy? Is all well?