Movies

T

T.J. McDon

Happy2, it depends on how hard you are. I'm an incredible softy, so I got a little emotional, tight in the chest, and watery eyed. Nothing you couldn't hide if you needed to. But then if you know the ending, it would be pretty easy to be a little "immunised" to it, and not be so affected. The dog does pass away, but so does the owner, and so that's what makes it a little emotional, as you get sucked into liking them both throughout the movie.
But it's such a rollicking good yarn, and so funny, that you really should see it. If there's any chance you'll give away a soft side, then do what I tell my kids to do with scary movies, and just keep reminding yourself that at the end of the scene, the Director yelled "Cut" and both the dog, and the actor got up and went off to their trailers for a snack and a cuppa. It will make you a lot more impervious to the emotional side of it. But I kind of like movies that make me emotional.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
No, I didn't know so thanks happy2 for the info. Lucky me I am off on a Monday night so you can be sure........I know what I am doing tomorrow night. Only hope the channel it is on is not full of commercials.......grrrrrr......don't you hate constant interruptions :violent5: especially when you can remember the 'good old times'.......lol very long ago......when TV used to be without commercials.
(Hmmmmmm just try to remember when the commercials actually hit the TV programs.......early 80ies in Europe.

R.xxxxxxxxxx

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Thanks happy2....that helps. Watched the first series on DVD and now I have to check if showcase is part of my foxtel package (lol....guess you can tell that I am not a TV person.)

R.xxxxxxxxxxx

G

Ghost Protocol

i would like to ask peeps opinions about

sleeping beauty 2011..
Sleeping Beauty Trailer (Bande annonce) - YouTube

basic story ., its the story about high class wl who accept rich clients , who prefer them to be asleep . they are drugged and left sleeping for wealthy clients to enjoy .. they can do anything except have actual sex with the lady .

its a bizarre idea for a movie , and received a hiding from critics .."this movie hates you" etc ...

but who else has seen it ?
j

Demon

Legend Member
Sounds off-beat. The idea of not having sex with her sounds like a tease. But if anything is allowed, this could get dangerous, which is not my thing.