• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Mirena IUD, has anyone had dramas with it?

bdouble77

Silver Member
Has anyone...ladies, partners...had any dramas with the mirena iud?

My wife had one put in last month, thankfully it was taken out after 2 weeks!
some of the things my wife had was cramping, lower back pain, mood swings and bleeding.
A visit to the emergency department of a hospital followed by a referral to the hospital that put it in and removal left the wife with an infection and a course of antibiotics...
Wife is a lot better and more balanced...Has this happened to any of you?

A

Alecia the Foxx

Has anyone...ladies, partners...had any dramas with the mirena iud?

My wife had one put in last month, thankfully it was taken out after 2 weeks!
some of the things my wife had was cramping, lower back pain, mood swings and bleeding.
A visit to the emergency department of a hospital followed by a referral to the hospital that put it in and removal left the wife with an infection and a course of antibiotics...
Wife is a lot better and more balanced...Has this happened to any of you?

Hell yeah!!!!! All of the above.

skye

Gold Member
you can get something called a neuvo ring that you can put in yourself. Its expensive but much easier on the body. Its a ring she can put inside her and take out when she needs to. Its the best anti conception out there if your sensitive to other types.

bdouble77

Silver Member
sounds like a good idea, i'll have a talk with the wife and see what she says! thanks for that skye..:notworthy

A

Alecia the Foxx

you can get something called a neuvo ring that you can put in yourself. Its expensive but much easier on the body. Its a ring she can put inside her and take out when she needs to. Its the best anti conception out there if your sensitive to other types.

Sounds like the old diaphragm to me. If it is, it is not as safe as the IUD in preventing pregnancy, and is messy and cumbersome.

A

AlexandraSilk

Sounds like the old diaphragm to me. If it is, it is not as safe as the IUD in preventing pregnancy, and is messy and cumbersome.

NuvaRing is the trade name for a combined hormonal contraceptive vaginal ring. It is a flexible plastic ring that releases a low dose of a progesterone and an estrogen over 3 weeks.

A diaphragm is a barrier method. Diaphragms when used properly with spermicide are 98% effective.

Many women have side effects from any contraceptive method containing hormones. I've always used the trusty diaphragm. It's my method of choice.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Hmmmmmm several of my female friends got the Mirena and love it. Apparently it takes up to 6 months to settle and during the time spotting can occur. It shouldn't have any impact on moods etc because the Mirena (again apparently) doesn't interfere with the hormones. So........apparently it is the shit.........hmmmmmmm all my doctors thought it would be a good idea.
Still thinking about it.:icon_scra:icon_scra

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A

Alecia the Foxx

Ok, I stand corrected about the Neuvo ring.

Rochelle, my body rejected the Mirena, literally spat it out. In the meantime, which took about a month, I had severe depression, and I mean, it was evil. Not to mention stomach cramps. Just saying.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Thanks for letting me know Alecia. I am always suspicious if every doc wants to sell you something as the "wonder solution" to every problem. Good to hear some other experiences.

R.xxxxxxxxxx

C

callgirl

I have the implanon. It's very similar to the Mirena IUD and can cause similar side effects. Yes the effects can be very harsh on some women. I have Implanon for 6 years now. I am about to get my 3rd one inserted/replaced next week. I do get some mild depression with it once in awhile. My implanon expired last month actually and i've noticed my mood has been much happier since it expired. Having said that it suits me very well and iam ok with the mild depression. I don't get my periods at all with it so i can have sex 24/7 without worrying about my periods. Once in awhile like once every 4 months i do get some spotting but that's about it.So many ppl have suggested Mirena to me but to have something injected in my uterus/cervix. No thanks. My pussy is precious to me. I have no idea why any woman would want someone or something to tamper with their pink bits. I much rather have it planted in my arm.

C

Claudia Michaels

Most of the contraceptives nowadays use an hormonal method. This is true even with the physical barrier ones, such as the IUD and diaphragm, which have the added hormonal component, as is the case with the Mirena IUD and the Nuva Ring. This is more effective.

However, I am not personally a fan of the hormonal methods of contraception. Aside from the short-term impact on moods, libido, skin and weight, they can have quite significant long-term impacts on digestion, mental illness and physical appearance and susceptibility to viruses linked to a whole range of things like cancer. I'm not trying to be some scare-monger here - there is significant scientific evidence available now about the impact on us of eating meat and eggs with hormones injected.

Unfortunately it is very hard to find anything that is non-hormonal. My best advice is to contact a few family planning centres, starting with Marie Stopes International, who have a lot of expertise in the area of fertility, and see if you can get a traditional IUD or some other form of non-hormonal contraception.

D

DMV

My wife has just had her second Mirena, yes it takes 6 months to settle but after that no issues st all

Madyson McKensie

Luxury Companion
Diamond Member
Had the mirena put in, bleed every day for a month and then had to have it removed.
Having said that a friend had it put in and her periods stopped for the entire time and no other side effects, go figure 🤷‍♀️