Memories... Help me make a list.

L

Langtrees VIP Perth 2

I remember my parents writing me a note to go and buy cigarettes for them at the local corner store! Try getting away with that nowadays?

Lol!

Lisa xxx

F

frankqld

when i was 11 my 16 yr old neighbour found the recipe for 'blackpowder' we made our own firecrackers to start then made our own working pistols and rifles with steel pipe,wood and ring-caps to fire them with sago beans and running around the acreage shooting at each other,i told my science teacher at school and he was so interested he got it ok'd for me to bring a loaded pistol to school on the bus to fire it on school grounds for a science project,the lead fishing weight i used went over 50metres across the oval,through the window of the wood working class and buried itself in the wall,and this was at a catholic boys school run by 'brothers of the church',what an uproar that caused,lol,ah weren't those the day,i can just imagine the chrges a kid would face if that happened now.

Happy2

Legend Member
It seems silly now But when 13 the in toy for boys just before the yo yo fad re-emerged
Was a comb designed to look like a flick knife The school heavies (Who were totally harmless really) would strut around like new york gang members brandishing their "knives"
then combing back their hair in a Oh so cool"" manner

steve t

Silver Member
a 8 track tape deck in ur car.
ONLY am radio.
No seat belts in my first car or only a lap belt.
getting the cane at school 'best of the sixes'ouch that hurt because i got the all the time!
doing the 100 lines'i must not talk in class' etc i used to keep them and just hand them back in ha ha
not sure about this one'going around with a girl'(like dating)then u got 'droped'ha ha.
spin the bottle!,got your first kiss.
playing cricket in the driveway or street 'over the fence is 6 and out!'
wagging school,like taking a sickie.
big backyards!
mum stayed home.
here is a good one,black and white T/V and only been very small at that and not in EVERY ROOM<ha ha
type writter.
records, 45s 78s
the list goes on and on!
no Facebook!
No home P/Cs and ppl went face to face.
talking on the old phones with out buttons u 'dail' the numbers,no SMS ha ha
having sex without paying for it,no that was a lie i have always payed for it ha ha.
fighting in the school yard.

Last edited:

steve t

Silver Member
We had some kids that nicked our milk for weeks, So Dad opended a few milk cartons and put some laxitives in them. Closed them up put them out the front of the drive way and it never happened again.

1) I remember hanging from the pram hooks on the back of the bus and standing on the bumper to get a free ride.

2) I remember camping out at the entertainment for centre for 3 nights for Kiss tickets.

3) Calling my boss Sir.

4) Riding a push bike with a sissy bar and long seat.

5) Talking on a CB radio.
CB radio,clasic any Y/Ls any Y/Ls?? this is a Y/M over, ha ha any young ladies this is a Young Male on the radio..