May I have your opinion about cyclists on the roads

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
This morning I was driving across the causeway and most cyclists were using the bike path, which is the safe option to take. An elderly man on an expensive bike and VERY tight clothes decided to ride on the road where it is very narrow. It is hard enough as it is with the narrow lanes and the 1.5 metre rule.

I opened the window and asked him (not aggressively) to use the bike path. The last thing I was is to hurt someone or see someone get hurt by a motorist. I don't like seeing 20 cars backed up going 20 km/h, and I especially don't like seeing cars getting to close to oncoming traffic. It is all very dangerous.

Here I am not asking cyclist to not ride their bikes, they have rights to the road (though they don't pay anything). But at the very least use bike paths when they are available. They are there for a reason (on dangerous roads).

What he did was give me a hand gesture of YAPPING then flipped two birds at me thus not holding his handle bars. He lost control and nearly stacks it where he would have been crushed by the large vehicle right behind him.

Tell me your opinion on what you think about whether cyclists should use bike paths when they are provided.

T

Tania Admin

Definitely they should use bike paths if they are there, providing the bike paths are clear of debris as this is an extreme hazard.

I also believe bikes are much better for our environment and offer very little damage to the road (when they need to use them), that in itself is payment I think :)

Happy2

Legend Member
At harvest They should not be allowed to ride peloton on narrow roads busy with trucks
Especially as they have 60-70 kms out of there way for there Sunday jaunt

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
I'm a cyclist. Have been for decades. But I'm 51 now and not some invincible teenager
I use bike paths and back streets. I WILL not use a busy road.

By the way, saying cyclists don't pay anything is not the way to go. Most of us own cars and pay exorbitant registration and insurance fees. I know I do.

Suffice to say, the "elderly man" was very much in the wrong with both his attitude and actions. We're not all like that. And no, I don't wear lycra or very tight clothes.

peart

Gold Member
By the way, saying cyclists don't pay anything is not the way to go. Most of us own cars and pay exorbitant registration and insurance fees. I know I do..

Car registration is for cars. Just because you pay car rego doesn't mean any of that money goes towards cycle paths, widening of roads for cyclists etc. etc.

Cars don't belong on the roads. If there is cycle lane then fair enough but if there's nothing there - use the footpath and travel at a slow speed (be mindful of pedestrians).

Happy2

Legend Member
Problem is the majority of cyclists and car drivers are respectful of each other and the rules and courtesies of the road And those who aren't tend to be the loudest and most opinionated

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
Simple:

Cars on roads
Bikes on paths

I am sick and tired of being abused whenever I push a cyclist off his bike for being on the road.

And don't get me started on those f*cking cockroaches that run up the inside of your car, curbside, and pull out across the road when the lights change, leaving a queue of cars waiting for an opportunity to overtake them. Bastards!!!!!

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Thanks to everyone who gave feedback, each have valid points. But I can’t help but feel that in this day and age the traffic conditions are not appropriate for bikes and motor vehicles to coexist on busy roads. Ultimately someone will get hurt.

What if cyclists had some monetary obligations so that those funds can be dedicated to created safe spaces for them to pedal slowly.

I ride a bike myself and I would not risk my own life doing what many cyclists do.

Master Yoda

Legend Member
While you’re all at it. What can you say about your bike that you cannot day about your wife or girlfriend?

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
Even worse when I all most get cleaned up by cars while crossing the rd with my walker even those traffic lights change to quick. Bring back horse and cart that will solve the bike and car issue.

Now can we have some topics with smut. Even Peter Goers from the ABC was talking testicles at a County Show a few months back. I understand these posts are adding to the forum but we will full asleep. Bring on some sex and excitement.

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Even worse when I all most get cleaned up by cars while crossing the rd with my walker even those traffic lights change to quick. Bring back horse and cart that will solve the bike and car issue.

Now can we have some topics with smut. Even Peter Goers from the ABC was talking testicles at a County Show a few months back. I understand these posts are adding to the forum but we will full asleep. Bring on some sex and excitement.
Impressive, you fell asleep and you commented.

aaron.lee

Legend Member
Footpaths are not built for cyclists.
The PSP and DUP network is inadequate, hence cyclists are on the road.
I hate them holding up the traffic, in particular on narrow roads or when they ride two or three wide.
Each bike should also have a number plate on it, whether they get charged for it is a different matter, but they should be identifiable on the road.

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Footpaths are not built for cyclists.
The PSP and DUP network is inadequate, hence cyclists are on the road.
I hate them holding up the traffic, in particular on narrow roads or when they ride two or three wide.
Each bike should also have a number plate on it, whether they get charged for it is a different matter, but they should be identifiable on the road.
This is the best thing I have heard in this thread. Charged or not, they should be identifiable.

They are not pursued by the ones that love donuts because they can disappear into anything if they are chased. And the big fellas holding donuts are unlikely to pursue on foot.

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
I will NEVER pay some faceless government agency for the privilege of riding my bike. It's one of the few pleasures left that are free. Especially with Summer approaching.

From a South Australian perspective, one thing that pisses me off is the Tour Down Under.
It brings road closures, crowds, traffic restrictions and delays. Packs of Skoda support vehicles race around the streets like there are no road rules.....pretty much like the competitors.

Master Yoda

Legend Member
I will NEVER pay some faceless government agency for the privilege of riding my bike. It's one of the few pleasures left that are free. Especially with Summer approaching.

From a South Australian perspective, one thing that pisses me off is the Tour Down Under.
It brings road closures, crowds, traffic restrictions and delays. Packs of Skoda support vehicles race around the streets like there are no road rules.....pretty much like the competitors.
Should see all the deaths and injuries caused every time Zuckerberg calls for a cycle to work day in Silicon Valley lol.

Master Yoda

Legend Member

It is nice when a sexy girl is riding with short shorts stretched across a firm ass and tits almost popping out. There you happy? ;)

87a10f59cc28931bf02f0e63a6f99e42.jpg

Master Yoda

Legend Member

Totally agree with the government thing, but pay or not would be nice if donut boys can issue a ticket from the comfort of their cars to fix the problem. Would fill their quota real quick too when there are 30 bikes doing this on a Sunday morning lol.

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
Totally agree with the government thing, but pay or not would be nice if donut boys can issue a ticket from the comfort of their cars to fix the problem. Would fill their quota real quick too when there are 30 bikes doing this on a Sunday morning lol.

Well I ain't one of 'em. I prefer to ride alone. And I've never been a fan of the police.

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
download (1).jpg [

QUOTE="Lord Spikey, post: 479673, member: 44528"]Now there is a bicycle seat that will need sniffing
(enough smut for your Miss Monique)?[/QUOTE]

Could do with some more smut the fact your being nice is breath of free air