• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Mary-Anne makes headlines again

Ms Sue

Legend Member
KENWORTHY TURNS DOWN ADA ROSE
November 6, 2015 ·

Unprotected sex on the rise says WA madam: ‘a lot of girls have been told they need to do natural or they’re out’

WA’S most famous madam Mary-Anne Kenworthy is not interested in buying the Ada Rose brothel in Fremantle.

The iconic knocking shop is for sale as an ongoing concern or redevelopment (Herald, October 31, 2015).

Ms Kenworthy, who owns Langtrees, says the brothel sector has been flaccid since FIFO workers lost their jobs at the end of the mining boom.

“We’ve had slumps before, but this is the worst I can remember,” she laments.

“I estimate that our takings are down 30 per cent, and the industry as a whole will probably be down by about 50 or 60 per cent. It will pick up a bit in November and December with Christmas parties, but I don’t think the industry will bounce back until at least April.

“Regardless of all that, I turn 60 next year, and I’m getting too old to take on another business.”

The industry veteran says an explosion in the number of brothels offering unprotected sex is also killing bordellos that diligently enforce safe-sex.

“A lot of girls have been told they need to do natural or they’re out,” she says.

“It’s a supply and demand thing: there’s more girls than clients at the moment and workers feel under pressure to do something extra to stay in a job. It’s scary: natural probably now accounts for 10 per cent of the industry, and we get people phoning up asking for it.

“The government needs to do more to clamp down on the advertising of natural sex with tougher legislation and enforcement.

“We have spent 30 years building up a culture of safe sex in the industry.

“I estimate the number of Asian brothels disguised as massage parlours—who probably are not registered as a business and do not pay GST—has doubled over the past 18 months.”

Ada Rose, on South Terrace, has been servicing US sailors and randy locals for nearly 50 years. It is opposite the Seaview Hotel, between Ada and Rose Streets.

Link not working so taken down

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy2

Legend Member
Really10% ? That's a lot of transmission of disease to loved ones further down the track

Scary thought

svengali

Foundation Member
If I was in your shoes, Mary-Anne I would be very careful about asking for any Government action. You may just get the previous attempt at regulation by that nice Mr Porter dragged back from its present place on the back burner. With the way the wowsers and god-botherers are currently infiltrating Government it may just come with a side-dish of the "Swedish model".

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
svengali something has to be done, I disagree with the Swedish model, personally don't think they can rehash the last legislation it was their own members that threw it out.

svengali

Foundation Member
svengali something has to be done, I disagree with the Swedish model, personally don't think they can rehash the last legislation it was their own members that threw it out.

A cynical person like me would say that a lot of pollies and their hangers-on make use of your ladies' services and don't want too much to change;)

I would not expect much action from them this close to an election as it is a very touchy subject and trying to write legislation which would satisfy everyone would be beyond the wisdom of the late Solomon. A ban would never be enforceable and any form of legalising it would attract the righteous indignation of the religious lobby which still seems to wield considerable influence despite the decline in church attendance.

I forsee this issue being ignored for some considerable time yet.

Viv

Silver Member
I so agree Maryanne. Problem is growing rapidly. Ladies are even advertising natural services on websites.
It will be one of those cases that will be dealt with upon the arrival of a epidemic of sexual diseases.