• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Mary-Anne Kenworthy and Yoda kills an Ardbeg Coreyvreckan

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Following a ritual of a good friend of mine I brought in a great bottle to kill with MAK.

She was talking about how she has recently been on a whisky tasting tour in Scotland and tasted half teaspoon of Prince Philips Whisky worth 19000 pounds a bottle. That I have never tried. But we enjoyed killing this bottle.

Any whisky buffs here?

F3F7516B-CCCA-4DA5-90A3-E219580FACCD.jpeg

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Legend Member
I do like a good whisky when in the mood. Tend to prefer highland and speyside varieties though.
That’s the beauty about whisky, it’s a journey. I love the highlands too. I no longer like the Speysides, except for Benriach Peated. That is a sensational dram...

3AA70269-ABFF-490E-9FB9-0929559DFFAD.jpeg A friend managed to get me this rare bottle when there were 5 known bottles in Australian.

pause78

Ryder Deep
Diamond Member
Love your thinking! Am a fan of the Ardbeg style but not tried a Coreyvreckan yet. Uigeadail is a current favourite.

Huge fan of whisky in general though, been looking into trying a subscription service that gives you a little sample each month. https://manofmany.com/lifestyle/best-whisky-subscription-services-australia gives a good rundown of what we have in Australia but I've not decided on which one to use yet.

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Love your thinking! Am a fan of the Ardbeg style but not tried a Coreyvreckan yet. Uigeadail is a current favourite.

Huge fan of whisky in general though, been looking into trying a subscription service that gives you a little sample each month. https://manofmany.com/lifestyle/best-whisky-subscription-services-australia gives a good rundown of what we have in Australia but I've not decided on which one to use yet.

Glad to see others show love for the great Islay whisky. @Lord Spikey and I tried the Uigeadail in a pub once. It is very nice indeed, but wait will you try the Coreyvreckan. It is not for the faint hearted. A tiny sip will last a long time as it is a gift that keeps on giving.

One that my girl gave me for my birthday was also a big deal and very nice. But cannot even hold a candle for the Coreyvreckan bad was much more expensive.

9B3F1905-9958-4B37-82F0-EB06F0CFD0F8.jpeg

Now being an Islay fan do you like the Laphroaig expressions?

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
That’s the beauty about whisky, it’s a journey. I love the highlands too. I no longer like the Speysides, except for Benriach Peated. That is a sensational dram...

View attachment 61731 A friend managed to get me this rare bottle when there were 5 known bottles in Australian.

Actually, it was the BenRiach Septendecim. I haven't tried the one in your pic

upload_2018-9-25_9-36-20.jpeg

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
Actually, it was the BenRiach Septendecim. I haven't tried the one in your pic

View attachment 61745
I beg your pardon Lord Spikey, my bottle is long gone but yours is still on your shelf I believe. So I am sure you remember better :)

Had a wee dram last night to try to relax the sore muscles after so much activity through the long weekend.

Still a gorgeous drop

A

ampmassageboy

Corryvreckan, the mysterious whirlpool between Jura and Scarba, where drinking too much can swallow you up

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.06.22 am.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.06.22 am.png
    533.9 KB · Views: 3

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Corryvreckan, the mysterious whirlpool between Jura and Scarba, where drinking too much can swallow you up
If you are thinking of the single distillery on Jura, so far I am not a fan. I tried a Superstition... It was nice like a Speyside, but did not jump out at me.

Jura-Superstition.jpg

pause78

Ryder Deep
Diamond Member
Thanks for the tip, will put it on the very long "to drink" list! Yeah I'm a big fan of Laphroaig too, in fact it was the Laphroaig 10 that got me hooked many years ago.

It's great to see a lot of bars and tasting events occurring in Perth to broaden the horizons. There's nothing worse than spending a reasonable sum on a bottle then discovering it's not quite to your taste. Well maybe not nothing worse, have to remind myself what forum I'm on! :):D

Glad to see others show love for the great Islay whisky. @Lord Spikey and I tried the Uigeadail in a pub once. It is very nice indeed, but wait will you try the Coreyvreckan. It is not for the faint hearted. A tiny sip will last a long time as it is a gift that keeps on giving.

One that my girl gave me for my birthday was also a big deal and very nice. But cannot even hold a candle for the Coreyvreckan bad was much more expensive.

View attachment 61739

Now being an Islay fan do you like the Laphroaig expressions?

Mopar63

Gold Member
Well this is much more to my taste, although I’m not quite the connoisseur as the rest of you guys n gals, I do have remnants of the highland malt running through my veins.
Earlier this year I gifted my brother a bottle of this Highland gem for his birthday, and on a recent trip back east he was kind enough to save me enough for a tantalising taste. And I would certainly recommend giving it a try, certain it won’t disappoint.

80aabf9f-51e8-49d7-9409-090887668e95-jpeg.61769

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
Now, exactly why, oh why would you do that, Happy2.

Do you just want to ruin it for those of us who wish to remain blissfully unaware of any potential damage our whisky drinking may cause?

Or are you just a deviant? Hmmmmm?

pause78

Ryder Deep
Diamond Member
Whisky is one of the healthiest things I put into my body, will take more than that to turn me off

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
Not whisky related I don't drink alcohol anymore but have to say nice utility vest MAK is wearing. Bought overseas? I am looking for one as part of my Summer capsule wardrobe. Shall let you men get back to your poison of choice

Sweet kisses