• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

leaking shower/mold

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
I know there r some sensible knowledgible ,as if,peeps out there jnah seriously there must b thsts why I'm asking a serious question here.....ok this forum is usually about everyones sexuall ways but surely we can ask/discuss other things apart from SEX n anythng concerning
I'm going to ask a building issue /problem in a rental
just had a water pipe burst in ceiling
the resulting damage: water stains on wall,damaged cornice,lifted skirting board ......
Had a friend,no building xperience,look at the damaged skirting boards n he reckons shower has been leaking long time
Now I'm just mr citizen with no knowledge of buildings i just pay for em n live in em
I just thought a quick coat of paint new carpets n I could rent it out again but now this changes things
who do i contact to verify this damage 's is caused by burst pipe in ceiling or leakin shower

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
Ok so I am gathering this is a property you own and rent out.
Do you have a pic of the damage that would help
Is the damage in a wet area such as bathroom or laundry?
Depending of damage and what the place is built out of if gyprock if the leak has been going on for a while and how damp it still is will need to fully dry out or replace.
With any water damage to paint work you need to use a stain block first before painting the stain block in spray can is the best. Cornice can be stuck back on with cornice adhesive this can be bought at Bunnings.
First point would be get a plummer out to tell you where the leak is from as it could be leaking from both.
My late hubby was a painter so I have some knowledge if you can get a pic I can get current partner to look.
Cornice would be damaged with burst pipe in ceiling skirting board would be only be damaged by leaking shower

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
thanks MM skirting board is in bedroom adjacent to shower recess do have photos but donf no how to send since i updated software i'll get shower dr to chek it out cant rent it out as is
rhaks for ur input
just realized theres 2se nsible peep here me n u

Xtraman

珍愛生命
Diamond Member
Just redid my shower recess because of same issue. Wall damage on other side of shower wall(passage way)
dug all the grout out in shower and regrouted. All good for leak, now just have to repair wall with some bog and repaint.

Miss Monique

Legend Member
If you feel confident enough you can DIY this may help
I have done tiling before when I redid my kitchen many years ago and grout is easy

Xtraman

珍愛生命
Diamond Member
Plenty of peeps ;) out there to grout, hunt around or google for some recommendations.
Need to dig the old shit out first, clean and dry it out , then grout again. can also get some chemicals to add to grout etc to assist with waterproofing.

normally only need to do bottom area but need to inspect all to see where water is getting through.

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
cant do any physicl work ill get shower dr to do itl

Obbie

Legend Member
If you have insurance claim it on that ! I had a dishwasher leak under cupboard and it was all fixed in a couple of weeks ! If not go through local paper and look for old retired handy man they usually work cheap ! Another option post on fb and see what happens !!

Happy2

Legend Member
Obbie is right
Insurance is way to go
Theyll also organise or give you contacts to have domeone see the root cause of this water damage
Also the obligation free quotes from plumbers will tell you where the waters come from

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Cum on now where's all the home handymen/women.anyone know of good bathroom renovater
I realize this is not MY HOUSE RULES mst b someone out there or r we all wannabe women, or we r still 16 n busy with homework ?

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Cum on now where's all the home handymen/women.anyone know of good bathroom renovater
I realize this is not MY HOUSE RULES mst b someone out there or r we all wannabe women, or we r still 16 n busy with homework ?

Aussie land is deskilled we only know how to use computers and talkin sex to ridicule each other anything abve that is above us now....... sorry...

Happy2

Legend Member
People who buy mince from the supermarkets Get what they deserve in my humble opinion

Miss Monique

Legend Member
Bepp do you use Facebook perhaps ask on a local buy sell page if anyone can recommend a plummer

.Such a shame your in another state otherwise I could have got partner to come look at it

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
thanks Miss M but dont know how to use FB
looked thru Google picked out 4 who do makeovers ,call em n get quotes this week
place is old n inside outdated
if i solx now wouldnt get much, people r fussy when renting,gotta make it respectable
bought it 30yrs ago haveny spent mobey on it so time to do it
if i sold i'd still make $'s but itd b hard to sell now

Bepp do you use Facebook perhaps ask on a local buy sell page if anyone can recommend a plummer

.Such a shame your in another state otherwise I could have got partner to come look at it

Miss Monique

Legend Member
Gumtree may be another place to look for an affordable plummer handyman