• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Ladies driving alone at night - beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cutensexy

not only the girls that need to be careful........my poor fella had to endure a "car jacking" himself at 6.30am on a sunday morning along joondalup drive!!!!!!!!

young girl sitting on the kerb and a young fella just bounded out onto the main road in front of him!!!!!!!

takes all sorts and since serenas post i must admit i automatically lock myself into my car now!.

B

BigBlackCock

The unfortunate thing about such events is that people can easily shift into overdrive paranoia mode - and worse still it can descend into very negative stereotypes and beliefs. The IRA has killed many people (for whatever reason) but you rarely found anyone saying they hate Irish - I suspect largely because the average Irish person is largely undistinguishable.

I'm a dark-skinned man, not Aboriginal or Ethiopian. I was crossing a road in Bayview Terrace Claremont on Saturday. There was a lady in a BMW and she had stopped at a junction. I crossed the road, sunglasses on and glanced at her and she me. She immediately reached over her shoulder and locked her doors. It was a shame she has such fear in her considering if she had been attacked by anyone I'd dare say that I'd be among the first to come to her defence.

I work in a building with 200 other people and one of my colleagues is one of the most decent caring women I've ever met. She's also Muslim, speaks with a broad Australian accent and wears a headscarf - not a mask but a headscarf. She's incredbily pretty too. But ever since Sept 11th, an event she has nothing to do with, doesn't support at all, some of my colleagues have chosen to keep her at a distance. The Schapelle Corby case seems to have added some tension to it all - an irony when you consider that many Balinese are actually Hindus not Muslims.

G

Glamourpuss

Stereotypes

Hi BBC,
Having read of your description of yourself and your experience, I am sure I am qualified to say what I am going to say next (me on mty soapbox, cos this is one thing I get really concerned about lol, so forgive me ok?);

1. My brother is much darker than you- I am certain

2. I have moslems in my family

3. One of my best friends is Irish

4. I am darker than you

5. Prejudice and racism exists

6. We are all conditioned by our experiences

7.I have been subjected to racism

8. Rationality gets further than reactionary impassioned stereotypes and mudslinging

9. We (collectively) need to be careful we do not label everyone guilty of discrimination or racism unfairly.

10. I would probably have done the same thing as this lady who locked her car when you walked past and it would not be based on your race but self preservation and safety precautions.

11.There is something called reverse discrimination and if you have been to some of the African countries, you will know that racism exists there too against whites!

12. My brother in law is white German and had a reverse racist experience but took it like a trooper and never because of that judged everybody in Africa as 'racist' , he could easily have done.

13. As for the lady with headscarf, it is probably out of a sense of inadequacy and embarrasment and not discrimination

14. I am often very concerned when everything is labelled as 'racist' without being objective, as we all get upset when a genuine racist action and comment comes up because we cry 'wolf' too quickly...it could your be a basic thing and we get all aggro and fling the 'R' word around which makes a lot of innocent and decent people uncomfortable

15. I still do not see the reason to harp on about racism in this thread and I am yet to find anything remotely racist or offensive, so maybe you need to let it go...

16. If and when 'we' scream RACISM it has to be truthfuland obvious, it is not fair to the majority of our 'non colored', 'non race conscious friends' who are sincere and non discriminatory that we interact with daily...just some sisterly advise...given with love and respect :angel12:

Peace and love Bro
xoxo
Glam

BigBlackCock said:
The unfortunate thing about such events is that people can easily shift into overdrive paranoia mode - and worse still it can descend into very negative stereotypes and beliefs. The IRA has killed many people (for whatever reason) but you rarely found anyone saying they hate Irish - I suspect largely because the average Irish person is largely undistinguishable.

I'm a dark-skinned man, not Aboriginal or Ethiopian. I was crossing a road in Bayview Terrace Claremont on Saturday. There was a lady in a BMW and she had stopped at a junction. I crossed the road, sunglasses on and glanced at her and she me. She immediately reached over her shoulder and locked her doors. It was a shame she has such fear in her considering if she had been attacked by anyone I'd dare say that I'd be among the first to come to her defence.

I work in a building with 200 other people and one of my colleagues is one of the most decent caring women I've ever met. She's also Muslim, speaks with a broad Australian accent and wears a headscarf - not a mask but a headscarf. She's incredbily pretty too. But ever since Sept 11th, an event she has nothing to do with, doesn't support at all, some of my colleagues have chosen to keep her at a distance. The Schapelle Corby case seems to have added some tension to it all - an irony when you consider that many Balinese are actually Hindus not Muslims.

S

spice-me

Well said GlamourP....

We all joke with Bombo... he probally is one hell of a guy.... bone in noes and all...:D
( ok no more wise cracks...)

I have seen more racism and reverse rascim than you will ever believe...
I have seen both black and white kill each other because of the colour of the skin and not the depth of the soul....

Having been through close on 36 years of my life in war and the effects of it...I can say no one ever wins,,, be it conflict with the tongue or the sword... the cut is till deep and takes years to heal.

We all show distruct for reasons of human nature... it is the greater good with in us that must over ride born-sin in us to distruct anyone different,,,, be they Japanesse, German, Chineese, African, Spanish, Indian....etc

Two of my best friends are one german and the other japanesse.... both born in the sixsties, yet both still pay for the Second World War, almsot weekly by jibes and comments about them,,,, it was their grandfathers sins, that thye still are marked and burned for,,,,Time for us to grwo up and forget....

I still stand by Serenas message... and I owuld still report it the same.....

And BBC, you know my wife would react the same way, be it a young white chap, old chineese or even you or me.....she would still lock her doors, even if we smiled at he.
The truth is today, anyone can attack you.... my car was ripped of by young white chaps... seen by the public, so it is confirmed...

The bottom line.. ladies and gentelman... in todays nasty and ugly world...lock your doors, watch your mirrors,... be aware whos' around you....

Be Defensive rather than be Defenceless...

Spice-Me

M

Mary Anne PA

caveman

I can relate to Spice i was involved in turmoil for most of my informative years and did three years active service. I have travelled the world extensively met all colours and creeds. I also know people in all walks of life, good bad and real ugly(not unlike myself)I have also done martial arts all my life although a little long in the tooth fear no one but never underestimate anyone.
One thing that i do truly believe and that is that there is a superior being. He in fact did make us all different. Mentally , culturally and physically. The sooner the world realises that the better. The whole essence is that we are all different, some cultures fat women are sexy and others they are not.Whitemen smell different to black men, i can go on and on. Political correctness has gone past being fashionable , it has become a curse.I hope that this does not sound arrogant or self serving, but lets face it, would it notbe boring if we were in fact all the same.It is human nature for us to have conflict it is in built into our genetic make up.

B

BigBlackCock

It's amazing how so many people read my posts and then claim to have actually read it. I've not raised, nor implied the racism word anywhere. I've talked of fear, negative stereotypes and the like.

I am allowed my opinions and you can express yours (wrong as some may be). But I don't choose to misinterprete or misread.

Might help if some of us got of our soapboxes and carefully read what posters have written.

S

Seduction

calm down im sure everyone wasn't intending to offend. my my.. very fiesty....

anyone who does this to a car or gets in another car is in the wrong regardless of any issue what so ever. hrrrmmm... i totally agree with Glamour

M

Mary Anne PA

how interesting to see what one little post started.... rofl.

good to see everyone expressing their opinions, but don't worry everybody, that's all they are, so no need for anyone being upset. We all have thoughts and ideas and they are all welcomed, (without prejudice..lol)
just have fun being here and saying how you feel etc.
BBC - when's coffee?

P

PinkPoodle

Please read this, a new twist on kidnapping, a very smart survivor.
About a month ago there was a woman standing by the mall entrance
passing out flyers to all the women going in. The woman had written the
flyer herself to tell about an experience she had, so that she might
warn other women.

The previous day, this woman had finished shopping, went out to her car
and discovered that she had a flat. She got the jack out of the trunk
and began to change the flat. A nice man dressed in business suit and
carrying a briefcase walked up to her and said, "I noticed you're
changing a flat tire.
Would you like me to take care of it for you?"

The woman was grateful for his offer and accepted his help. They chatted
amiably while the man changed the flat, and then put the flat tire and
the jack in the trunk, shut it and dusted his hands off.

The woman thanked him profusely, and as she was about to get in her car,
the man told her that he left his car around on the other side of the
mall, and asked if she would mind giving him a lift to his car.

She was a little surprised and she asked him why his car was on other
side.
He explained that he had seen an old friend in the mall that he hadn't
seen for some time and they had a bite to eat and visited for a while.
He got turned around in the mall and left through the wrong exit, and
now he was running late and his car was clear around on the other side
of the mall.

The woman hated to tell him "no" because he had just rescued her from
having to change her flat tire all by herself, but she felt uneasy. Then
she remembered seeing the man put his briefcase in her trunk before
shutting it and before he asked her for a ride to his car. She told him
that she'd be happy to drive him around to his car, but she just
remembered one last thing she needed to buy. She told the man that he
could wait for her; she would be as quick as she could be.

She hurried into the mall, and told a security guard what had happened;
the guard came out to her car with her, but the man had left.

They opened the trunk, took out his locked briefcase and took it down to
the police station. The police opened it (ostensibly to look for ID so
> they could return it to the man). What they found was rope, duct tape,
and knives. When the police checked her "flat" tire, there was nothing
wrong with it; the air had simply been let out. It was obvious what the
man's intention was, and obvious that he had carefully thought it out in
advance.

The woman was blessed to have escaped harm. How much worse it would have
been if she had children with her and had them wait in the car while the
man fixed the tire, or if she had a baby strapped into a car seat.

Or if she'd gone against her judgment and given him a lift.
I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know.
It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle.
I was going to send this to the ladies only; but guys, if you love your
mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass it on to
them, as well.

Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the
world we live in has a lot of crazies in it.... better safe than sorry.

PLEASE BE SAFE AND NOT SORRY! JUST A WARNING TO ALWAYS BE ALERT AND USE
YOUR HEAD!!!

M

minimel

the email above is a hoax, we dont have trunks here, we have boots (its an american email, not that theres anything wrong with that) a lot of these emails "it happened to a friend of mine.. needles in theatre chairs, needles in ball pits, dont smell the perfume when a person asks you too in a carpark as its chloroforum" are nothing more than a hoax designed to scare (notice they never mention names).
i have received the email serena posted many times over.. and while i appreciate the context of it all.. i believe it is more than likely aimed to raise your awareness of driving at night.. with the doors locked, as not many ppl do this. (its been drilled into me by my mum)

Status
Not open for further replies.