• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Ladies driving alone at night - beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mary Anne PA

This was sent by someone I know, so it's reality plus!!

Last night approx 10.15pm, Tracey (my daughter) was travelling down
Welshpool Road, when she heard a bit of a bang at the back of her car. She
didn't think too much of it, thinking that it was her toolbox rolling
around in the boot. She realised that it was a car just to the side and
behind and her which had opened it's passenger door and hit her on the
back bumper. The car sped up and got in front of her, so she took the rego
number. When she pulled up at the next set of lights, she was beside the
car which had hit her which had about 4 or 5 Aboriginals in it, and an
Aboriginal lady got out of the passenger door and walked to Tracey's car
-Tracey immediately pressed the emergency door lock button and wound her
window down a fraction. The Aboriginal Lady (approx 20 yrs old) asked
Tracey "Did we just hit your car?". Tracey replied sarcastically, "Like,
Yeah", and then wound up her window. The Aboriginal lady walked around to
the passenger side and tried to get into Tracey's car (luckily Tracey had
locked the door.) There were no other cars around and luckily the traffic
lights had turned green so Tracey took off. Tracey turned into Leach H'Way
and rang me at home and told me what had happened. (She is house minding
in Mt Hawthorn, but she didn't want to go there in case they followed her).
When she got to my house she was a bit of a wreck and I suggested that she
report the 'incident' to the police on the 131 444 number. She wasn't
going to , but I told her it could be important. The police officer told
Tracey that she did the correct thing, and her instinct to lock the doors
was correct. It is a new ploy to get people out of their cars to assess
damage and probably steal bags, phones or even the car. Tracey was very
lucky, but please pass this on to other women who may drive alone at night
and may be conned into letting them into the car or talking them into
getting out of the car!

L

littlebighorn

Bring back the noose, and the birch and possibly a knew set of not so politically correct social laws . The whole of the western world is slipping into a dark deep smelly pit.Thank god its Monday.

H

HotChillieWoman

Good Info

Yes I can attest to Serena's friend as I had a similar incident happen to myself only a week ago, in the same area, on my way home from a freinds place.
So ladies and gents, cos these days it is not so gender orientated please do be careful.

V

Vyxxxn

0MG that is just another sick story to add to the many I hear, ty Serena for the "heads up" eh...muchly appreciate your sharing of your mates story, 'specially being a single woman myself...:(

G

Glamourpuss

It is more common than we think..

Yeah I had a very stressful scenario too...
about 6 months ago, I was driving through Eastern suburbs in Sydney with the roof down(my car is a sporty two seater convertible, loud colour and a luxury brand. Fully optioned, customised, limited edition).
I stopped for a red light and this guy (presumably a window washer) tried to jump into the car from the passenger side brandishing the brush.
I took off thru the red lights in fright .. I was so shaken I decided to stop around the corner to gether myself, (it was only 6.30pm), you could imagine my shock when a dark blue WRX turned into the same side street -with the 'window washer' in the passenger seat!

I took off again and headed for the nearest police station, the guys chased me and only stopped when I turned into the police station.

I reported the case and a search by the police showed the plate numbers were false, the number plates on the WRX had been registered to a truck!.

Two days later, I had a phone call from 'a lady' asking if I had advertised my car for sale, I said 'no' because I had not, but she was persistent quoting my number plates...
so again I called the police who advised me to ask Telstra to track all calls so they could identify the caller and where they were calling from

A week later I went to the shopping mall , I got back and someone had put a tarpauling cover over my car, the security guys at the mall and I spent two hrs looking for the car before someone checked under the tarpauling cover.

They told me the aim was for me to believe the car was not in the car park, and once I leave the mall, they would have come in to tow away the car.

I was told that there might have been an 'order' for my make and type of car, and these gangs steal to order!.

Now I take a Taxi if I have to go out after 5.30pm and I don't put the top down, ever!
:angry1:
I am now going to trade in for a different make and model car that does not attract as much attention , not happy at all :(
Glam

S

spice-me

word of warning about Clarkson Railway station...

two weeks ago all four of my rims were stollen off my $65,000 ute in broad day light at 12:43 lunch time!!! (a member of the public saw them in action and reported it to the railway coppers who where on tea-break!!!! but of course by the time they got there...150m away the buggers had left). What is more scarry is the video scurity cameras are not wroking at this station as they have not been connected and won't be till end of the year. So ladies be careful at night!!!! The guards do not patrol the car park I have been informed by Perth Rail and it's not their responsability to do so!!!

Be WARNED this station is not safe at night!

Spice-Me

ps this is what I got off the train at 6pm to find...:( :( :( and I had lock-nuts which they broke off with a power tool and am air cylinder

Attachments

• ute 1.JPG
    ute 1.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 238
  • ute 2.JPG
    ute 2.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 230
V

Vyxxxn

OMGoodness Spice_Me, these stories just spon me out big time where do they find the nerve...I'm sorry re your misfortune :(

S

southwestozyguy

Its awfull

boy I am so glad that I live in the country and its not that bad YET but we do have a few instances occasionally from some kids but nothing to this level.

I have onforewarded this to friends of mine up in Perth yhou so thankyou soooo much Serena for making us aware and Spice I am srry to hear about your misfortune too but am unsure who is the biggest mongrels the thieves or Perth Rail
grrrrrrrr

B

BigBlackCock

I guess this thread could go on and on (and not because it's not justified) about incidents in Perth. I'm looking to buy a house and am pissed off that I can afford a place in Vic Park but the crime rate there is shocking. And yet it really should be in the same league as Subiaco - next to the river, the first suburb after the city etc. And while I'm sure Serena meant no offence about them being Aboriginal - at least if it was a case of judging by race, you could practice some form of caution based on recognition. The fact is it's across all suburbs and races. Last year a guy on the train pulled a knife on a bunch of us and he was white.

I don't know if anyone has been following the sad, tragic incident where these 4 guys picked on a totally innocent chap at the Stirling railway station, beat him senseless and then threw him over the overhead bridge onto the FREEWAY! What was more astounding was that two of the witnesses in court were women who had earlier met the 4 men at a pub and decided to take a lift home with two of them. I mean what does it say about the women and their judgement as well? I almost think that if they hadn't picked on this poor innocent (and now dead bloke), the night may well have ended very differently for these two women.

Aah the world we live in eh?

pendulum

Burswod Swingers Club
Foundation Member
Agree with BBC

I agree with you BBC about the unnecessary reference by Serena to the race of the people involved in the incident with her daughter. It just contributes to unpleasant stereotypes and is totally unnecessary. I have seen the anguish and hurt that really great people have suffered simply because they are aboriginal. People treat them differently, ignore them, refuse them service, insult them - it just goes on and on. It makes their lives very difficult. They try to live good lives and bring there kids up well, but find all sorts of barriers in there way.

So to you Serena, what was the story about really - a warning to women to take care on their own at night, or was it watch out for aboriginal people because they are a danger to everyone?

V

Vyxxxn

Ya know guys 4 the life-a me I cannot understand why u are bagging out Serena, she did a GOOD thing posting the above & if YOU failed to notice it was a mailing from a friend to her, so if u wanna ask anyone who is making references/judgements then I feel u need to ask the person that WROTE the letter, as it clearly states it was NOT Serena!

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I think you are being a little harsh on Serena.Serena was repeating a story that happened to someone she knew and has probably printed her own version of events.I don't read it as attacking a particular race just pointing out a fact of events.
As for referrinfg to aboringals I believe the correct term now days is Indigenous Australians.
You pointed out that Serena was being prejudgemental, and your own thread is assuming that we all as readers are prejudgemental which I believe is totally wrong.
We do have a ridiculous crime problem with Indigeous youth in Perth and I believe as a community we have failed to try to address this problem fairly for all parties concerned and are only putting a band aid on the problem instead of trying to heal the wound.
Keep up the good work Serena, which is caring about all people.

G

Glamourpuss

Call a spade a spade...

If I can add my two bits..
I read Serena's original post and saw nothing offensive and I am of black descent and an ethnic minority... to further make my point, I have exchanged comments, email, etc with Serena and she is not in the least bit 'racist' or offensive, if anything she is friendly, helpful and nice-she also knows I am Black!.
I know there are people out there who are racists, but I have not yet met one on this Forum, thank God!
Sometimes, we allow our own perceptions to mis-interprete innocent comments and sincerity displayed by others.
If someone committed a crime, irrespective of race, we owe ourselves to tell it as it is, which os what Serena did.
Because I am related to Africans does not mean I support Mugabe or accept Nigerian scam,the sad fact is that there are and there will always be scam artists and we need to make sure everything is not tainted with 'racist' tag. If young indigenous Australians cause a problem, unless it is pointed out nothing will be done.To solve a problem it MUST first be identified, then we can take care and offer to help.

I did not see anything wrong or offensive in Serena's post and I am black.
So let's stop the insinuations and I will encourage you to be yourself Serena, cos you have friends who think you are waaaayyyy coool, you can count on me!!
xoxo
Glam.

G

Glamourpuss

Hmm

Even then... it was not offensive... that being the point... Serena posted it and if she had judged it to be inapporiate or offensive she would not have posted it.
In technical terms, it was both the poster and content issue we are discussing in the thread Vyxxxn and yes, some of us got it, but we feel the need to address both issues satisfactorily rather than palm it off and blame the original writer...poi nt being, the content WAS NOT IN THE LEAST OFFENSIVE- addressing the issue raised in the post in addition to the poster...hope that helps
xoxo
Glam

Vyxxxn said:
Yeh but...didn't anyone UNDERSTAND Serena did NOT write it...damn...

V

Vyxxxn

I DID understand what you wrote b4 you posted it GP...in other words I did not need any help ;)

B

br4fun

The simple facts are it was a true story, I have three teenage daughters, I welcome the advice, the message was clear to me which is the most important thing, thanks Serena - I have passed it on to my eldest who does go driving at night on her way to and from parties. A sad and sorry fact of life is that it is most often young adults doing these things to other young adults, we all need to be vigilant and look out for each other and not be afraid to be accountable when called upon.

Which, without wanting to invalidate other sub-plots in this thread, Serena in my view took accountability and chose to share a horrifying event so that we could all learn from it.

my hat off to you Serena

S

spice-me

Vyxxxn said:
OMGoodness Spice_Me, these stories just spon me out big time where do they find the nerve...I'm sorry re your misfortune :(

ahhh thanks Vixxie, you can console me any night this week, if you feeling like Florence Nightingale...!!!

ps, I do love a short nurses uniform...:D

Spice-Me

V

Vyxxxn

...so did the prisoners when I worked at the prison Hospital lol...hee hee...memories...

Gotta love the lil Croc dude MMMMWah! ;)

A

Amanda

Another Story....

Well people, you also need to be careful in car parks at shopping centres... I had an incident about 5 years ago where a freaky man tried to jump in my car when I was leaving Morley Galleria, thank god for central locking....

M

Mary Anne PA

Everyone has a choice as to how they choose to interpret comments etc, and we can't control that and I'm not really concerned at how some of you have interpreted that message.

My reasons for posting it were to warn people of things that may happen now in our society and to be aware when out there. It had nothing to do with the fact of their colour or race, I did just cut and paste what was sent to me and because I took the meaning of what it was about solely about dangers out on the road whether at day or night and wanted to put the awareness of those dangers in peoples head so you are aware of what has been and can happen.

More and more things like this are happening and next time your out driving alone, you will keep your doors locked.

Anyone turning it into anything else will be because of your own thoughts and that's fine, let's just not lose what this thread was actually intended to do, and that's my thought.

Which reminds me of the first time I flew over to America and a friend of a friend was going to meet me at the LAX airport. I hadn't met or seen him before, but I knew he was black. He said to me, 'how are you going to recognise me at the airport?.' Easy I said, cos your black and will stand out (obviously being used to our own airports where it's not a predominant colour) and I hadn't been to America before that. He laughed so hard he nearly wet himself I think cos he said, Serena, do you know how many black people you are going to see at our Airport? Well obviously I had no idea, but when I got there, I saw his point.... LOL (and this was all done with total innocence so it was quite a laugh between us).

N

naughtybuttnice

I too was sent this e-mail from a friend and have passed it on to all I can......
Thumbs up to you Serena for making people aware...

S

summer

Summer

Hi Serina,
they had a few incident's up Nrth,
where a aboriginal will lie down on the road play dead
and a guy got out to see if he was alright as soon as he did,
their was a group of them hiding and they took his 4wheeled drive
and left him!
he wasn't beaten senceless thank goodness!
I am not racist ,but it make's you understand why people do tend
to become that way!
Summer.

S

spice-me

As some one who has seen the evils of racist hare and revenge attacks beyond your beliefs, I can tell you Serena is vey very far from one. I know cause I have had the pleasure to meet her and many of you....

I hold no racial grudges and preduces... in gact I have evil little vice for two things in life... honey blondes and olive skins.... so you see the Yin & Yang balance out.

but I HAVE ALSO SEEN POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GET STUPID AT TIMES.
The South African governement in the last few years outlawed the race of some one when police warnings or discriptions where being give, This lead to a huge failure in the system to track down bad guys, be they white, black, green or pink.... it was so silly that they would say a " a male of average hieght was seen fleeing thre scence..." mean while they new his race, hair colour and build etc.,... but fear of racism charges and stupid greenie dooo-gooder tactics cost many a capture.

When you issue a warning or discription, according to the guidelines of INTEPOL they require a full and complete discriptions, so in my cae it would be" Male, Caucasian with tanned European features, 1.66meters tall, brown to greying full hair, brown eyes, medium built in his late 30’s to early 40’s seen running unfitly away from LP’s with his trousers under his red jacket…..” Ok, so now anyone can identify me.... Now if you find me ladies you know what to do to me...:evil4: hand me over to GlamourP for interogation....:D

Spice-Me :ky:

ps many crimes are not solved these days due to lack of facts and discriptions that can link simular events. FACT

Well Done Serena.

B

BigBlackCock

Er, actually Pendulum, at no point did I say Serena's reference was unecessary. Where'd you get that from?

M

Miss Cheevass

Hey Guys, I'm sure that we can all appreciate the warning. I can see both sides of the comments and we shouldn't generalise in a racist way. However I don't belive that it was Serenas intention to make this a racist issue, only a warning. The sad thing is that these days such warnings are necessary

G

Glamourpuss

Well said...

Well said... and as a reward, a pic of me rolling around laughing my head off!

xoxo
Glam
spice-me said:
As some one who has seen the evils of racist hare and revenge attacks beyond your beliefs, I can tell you Serena is vey very far from one. I know cause I have had the pleasure to meet her and many of you....

I hold no racial grudges and preduces... in gact I have evil little vice for two things in life... honey blondes and olive skins.... so you see the Yin & Yang balance out.

but I HAVE ALSO SEEN POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GET STUPID AT TIMES.
The South African governement in the last few years outlawed the race of some one when police warnings or discriptions where being give, This lead to a huge failure in the system to track down bad guys, be they white, black, green or pink.... it was so silly that they would say a " a male of average hieght was seen fleeing thre scence..." mean while they new his race, hair colour and build etc.,... but fear of racism charges and stupid greenie dooo-gooder tactics cost many a capture.

When you issue a warning or discription, according to the guidelines of INTEPOL they require a full and complete discriptions, so in my cae it would be" Male, Caucasian with tanned European features, 1.66meters tall, brown to greying full hair, brown eyes, medium built in his late 30’s to early 40’s seen running unfitly away from LP’s with his trousers under his red jacket…..” Ok, so now anyone can identify me.... Now if you find me ladies you know what to do to me...:evil4: hand me over to GlamourP for interogation....:D

Spice-Me :ky:

ps many crimes are not solved these days due to lack of facts and discriptions that can link simular events. FACT

Well Done Serena.

B

bombo from the congo

bombo

Bombo se allo.Mr spice it was not me me live in africa may be mey broe he live in perf.

F

Floyd

Love live women

Firstly, let me say thanks to Serena, Amanda, Summer and Glam for highlighting the dangers that unfortunately exist everywhere (not just Perth) for women. 3 things that I can't tolerate are intolerance (I'm aware of the very Zen contradiction here), abuse of women in any form (physical, psychological or financial), and violence in general.

Secondly, the written word is a very blunt object. It's really easy to misinterpret the meaning of text without the benefit of expression or inflection that verbal communication gives. I didn't interpret Serena's post as racist in any way - merely a sharing of unedited fact as she understands it.

And lastly, I'm a big believer in instincts (women's intuition, hunch, gut feel, etc) and over the years I've found that's it best to trust but verify. My advice to any woman would be to trust your instinct - if you think you're in danger, you probably are, and get the hell out the situation you're in.

Take care everywhere.

Floyd
xo

Status
Not open for further replies.