• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Interesting question on menstrual bleeding

M

Mary Anne PA

Is ingesting your own menstrual blood good for you? If it can nutritionally support a growing fetus and is rich in iron, is recycling it back into the system a good idea? I'm thinking especially for women living with anemia or more specifically iron deficiency. This idea of putting it into my mouth makes me squirm, but maybe in a power shake or a cup of tea? TO FLUSH OR SWALLOW
Michelle Bodner is a naturopathic doctor at Danforth Progressive Health (272A Danforth, 416-779-3945) and a wealth of natural solutions for women's health issues. "There are a lot easier ways of treating anemia or iron deficiency than drinking your own menstrual blood," she says. "Menstrual blood is not made entirely of blood, there is blood in it, but there's a lot of other fluids too." White blood cells, water, mucin and discarded tissue cells, to be precise (so snot, then).

What this means is that despite how much it may look like the richest, most restorative blood you've ever seen, it is not as high in iron as you may think. Bodner does say though that because it contains the heme form of iron, also found in meat, it is actually easier to absorb than the iron you can get from natural sources she recommends like Dong Quai, alfalfa and the liquid supplement Floradex.

The thing is, iron needs to be taken more consistently to be effective. You could certainly try it -- it's not dangerous at any rate -- along with other supplements, but do try natural ones, as Bodner pointed out that most commercial ones available in drug stores contain sulphates and are constipating.

I would also hazard to guess that placenta, when it really gets to work, is somewhat more potent than the average monthly shedding, and Bodner says that those who ingest it after giving birth are after the hormones, not the iron.

V

viking32

well count dracular ..uses used tampoongs .....every morning,,
hot water and tambong...its tea time ...lol..joke joke

svengali

Foundation Member
Thanks, Serena,

Just what I needed to read before dinner. Pass the tomato sauce please !:happy4:

V

viking32

hi svengali.....got love it,,so much fun to read..i heard about 2 lesboes who had some fun and they licked each othere out when they where on the monthly..give me the dolimio grin,,,
regards iron ..lol...well i have had sex a few time when its that time ...funny some girls just gett so horny at that time ??
go figur ..and as we know if a girl is horny we have to bew a gentelman and ..please her..smile