• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Insomnia sucks or does it?

T

Tania Admin

My whole life I have suffered insomnia and refused medication for it, though I find if I sleep more than 5 hours (which is a rare occasion and usually when I'm sick) I wake up more tired. Needless to say though I do bounce out of bed full of energy with the 5 hours I do usually get. I guess it's the old saying I will sleep when I am dead, which hopefully won't be for a very long time...The problem being the boredom, I can't do to much around the house in fear I will wake everyone else up (nice thoughtful person I am), so today I bit the bullet and came into work early...
How many of you suffer from insomnia or can manage life with energy on a small amount of sleep?

W

WRXXXR

I feel your pain! I usually average around 5 hours sleep as well. On a really good night it'll be 6 but anything more and by midday im exhausted!

My old lady suffers serious sleep problems and I reckon I've "inherited" a few! Sometimes I'm asleep straight away but other nights I'll lay awake for hours. I'll be tired but I just can't sleep. That's when I go read, wank or play playstation lol

J

JasRob

It sucks sometimes when your whole body is already tired but your eyes aren't shutting down makes me wanna cry..lol! But when I go to gym or jog/run at least 1 to 2 hrs a day I get a good sleep sometimes straight 8 hrs which is really a great one..I think you should try exercise/gym..

T

Tania Admin

It sucks sometimes when your whole body is already tired but your eyes aren't shutting down makes me wanna cry..lol! But when I go to gym or jog/run at least 1 to 2 hrs a day I get a good sleep sometimes straight 8 hrs which is really a great one..I think you should try exercise/gym..

I'm hearing you, though I do work out everyday, I run, hike, ride dirt bikes, I'm constantly active :)

B

Bianca

Ever since i have arrived in WA i have slept well however my sister has had insomnia before and it did affect her studies and that........lavender on the pillow a drop of essential oils has always worked for me. I so love being a wake tho life's for living so lets do it!!!!

W

WRXXXR

Im the same, I play sport 4 times a week (night time exercise isnt so good for sleep as your still amped), swim and put a few kms on the pushy and im still not tired come midnight.

I think some of us just need less sleep :)

stevell

Silver Member
Yes I'm the same,but as I'm confined to bed most of the time,It's a real drag.Thank god for this here internet thing..lol

C

colbb123

...Sometimes I'm asleep straight away but other nights I'll lay awake for hours. I'll be tired but I just can't sleep. That's when I go read, wank or play playstation lol

Ha snap! That's me to a teeee except I also logon here:) I have the same problem, being the damn sleep 'switch'. ''come on brain, time to stop and go nuneyes now....". Once asleep, no problems staying asleep (fortunate in this respect) and have always struggled to get out of bed in the morning regardless of how much sleep I've had.

Falling asleep when I'm working routine day hours is much easier and i attribute that to sheer exhaustion and the almighty "routine''.

T

Tania Admin

Though I must say snuggled up in front of the fire the other night I think I could have drifted off and stayed like that for hours :)

C

colbb123

Oh yeah....there's something very soothing (almost hypnotic for me) about a nice fire..............assuming I'm not on the back of a ute with a water hose because the header's caught on fire lol

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Grrrrrrrr......manage about 3 to 5 hours sleep after every night shift. Honestly.....it sucks. To work 2 nights in a row is a big effort because the lack of sleep is catching up with me half way through the second night or I get into this over tired hyper activity mood which is very draining as well. I usually fall asleep straight away but I never last. Not sure what to do. Don't like taking pills. LOL it might be an age thing. :la:

R.xxxxxxxxxx