• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Infertile

C

Cacatous

Not sure if this is the right place to discuss this but I received the bad news that I am completely infertile.

It turns out that my Mum forgot to tell me at any point in my life that I had an operation to correct undescended testicles at 5 yrs old.

Anything over 6 months old can result in infertility later in life.

I am absolutely gutted as we were trying for a baby this year.

Our options include adoption, sperm donor (stranger) or asking my cousin to donate, thus keeping some family DNA and possibly features (we look quite alike).

Cheers for listening.

M

Mary Anne PA

sorry to hear that news, bad luck I guess, but not the end of the world.

Always thought there was too many kids in the world with no-one to love them, so love the thought of adoption.

Otherwise cousin looks like a good idea.

what are you leaning towards?

C

Cacatous

More towards the cousin to be honest. At least some DNA and likeness can be passed on (fingers crossed!)

At least we can save a fortune on condoms!

C

cli-max

That's crappy news for sure babe. :sad7: It makes those of us who take it for granted, think twice.
Maybe back then your Mum didn't know it could cause infertility.

I too think that your cousin as a donor seems a good option.

Stay in touch and let us know what you decide.
Good luck.

H

hilly

Dont give up.

Hi Cacatous.
Sorry to hear that mate but dont give up hope,
If the sperm donor does not work out.
Go for adoption --There Hunderds of little ones
out there who would just love to have a Mum & DAD
to LOVE them.--I should know for I was one of the unlucky
ones not to get that chance.--good luck to you and your better haft
hoping you get what you want. :thumbsup:
------hilly----- :wav:

L

LusciousL

Sorry to hear that.
I can understand your devastation. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for 3 years. I found out I'm not releasing eggs, which was really hard to hear. I'm hopeful that the medication I'm on will help stimulate their release . . . Time will tell I suppose.