How traditional are you??

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Do you go all the way when celebrating Xmas??
Will you sit down to your home cooked turkey sitting on your Xmas tablecloth as you try and decide if your going to pull the Xmas crackers now or after you have had some of that ham on the bone that is on the other end of the table next to the Xmas pudding filled with pennys that your mother just pulled out of the oven?
Are you going to drown your pudding with brandy custard as you slowly sip some egg nog?

Or will you just have some sandwich ham and maybe some roast chicken that you picked up at your local supermarket??

S

sexnut

Always thought the turkey was very american. Here it's becoming more seafood and bbqs with salads as it should be! :D:eek:ccasion14

S

Saige

going down to help out at Salvation Army, my first soup kitchen volunteer this year, so I guess Ill be having ...ummmmm...soup!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Demon

Legend Member
Always thought the turkey was very american. Here it's becoming more seafood and bbqs with salads as it should be! :D:eek:ccasion14

Turkey is an american tradition, not Australia. I went to live in US and Canada. Was away for eight years. When I left Aust turkey was never to be seen. When I returned it had become an Aust tradition. Talk about brown-nosing.

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
Hi billybones, Yes i will be sitting down to my cooked Turkey, Roast Vegie's and Stuffing. And for Desert it's Christmas Pudding, Fruit cake and Trifle. xxxxxx

J

jaxonjorja

Hey Saige. I'm gonna be at a loose end on Christmas day also ::) :tearyeyed. I'd love to join you at the soup kitchen ;D. Did you have to register with the Salvo's? Should I register too, or just turn up with you on the day?

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Hey Saige. I'm gonna be at a loose end on Christmas day also ::) :tearyeyed. I'd love to join you at the soup kitchen ;D. Did you have to register with the Salvo's? Should I register too, or just turn up with you on the day?

Was going to ask something similar but you stole my thunder...
nevermind, it`s the time to forgive and forgot.

Please Saige, for those of us with no life or anybody else that wants to help... How can we?

svengali

Foundation Member
Was going to ask something similar but you stole my thunder...
nevermind, it`s the time to forgive and forgot.

Please Saige, for those of us with no life or anybody else that wants to help... How can we?

One very practical way to help out is to put your hand in your pocket and make a cash donation to the Salvos. Of all the charities they are about the best value in terms of helping people in need.

The cost of a lapdance at Xotica could probably feed a few families for a week or so. The cost of a punt would feed 'em for a month.

Happy2

Legend Member

One very practical way to help out is to put your hand in your pocket and make a cash donation to the Salvos. Of all the charities they are about the best value in terms of helping people in need.

The cost of a lapdance at Xotica could probably feed a few families for a week or so. The cost of a punt would feed 'em for a month.

Yes there is a lot good done by charities if they aren't to top heavy
And keep there help local not centralised For the last 20+ years either dad now I always give a pig, or different if they ask, to a local charity in Geraldton
Goes towards a nice lunch on Christmas day And it doesn't hurt too much

J

JasRob

This christmas ain't gonna be the same as usual.I'm celebrating it with my special someone to her dream place. she's excited about it and I am too..