Help Needed to Moderate this Board and make it interesting.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Christine will be taking over the moderation of this thread and will be posting some interesting articles later this week.
This thread is designed for people with disabilities to share information to make life more satisfying and also a place to meet people with and with out disabilities.
We encourage all to take the courage and post and help this forum a happening place.

Last edited:

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Passed along by a friend

Interesting Sex Sites-Disability

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

You probably already know about this one

Link is broken so has been taken down

There's a few dead links at this site but the links that are ok interesting

http://www.sexsupport.org/Prof.html#uncat

Last edited by a moderator:
C

christyne

Hi everyone, I have finally made it to the site. Sorry for the delay. My name is Christyne and I have been in a wheelchair for the last 11 years. Wow time flys. I play sport, especiall y love indoor sport, train in the gym and would love to meet some new faces. If you have ever wanted to ask a wheelie questions about how we deal with sex etc, here's your chance. Fire away.

princesssuzie

Foundation Member
Welcome to the forum Chrystyne!!

I'm sure having you here will make a real difference to some members of this forum. I for one look after people with disabilities but don't have much idea what challenges you must have faced throughout your life.

So may I just ask a little bit about your disability, paraplegic, quadriplegic, etc. and how it has affected your life sexually.

M

melinda

Hi

Hi christyne welcome

I just read a chapter in a book re people with disablilities and thier sex life, will try and type it out and put it on forum. I'll point this forum out to Lucy and Taylor, 2 working girls who are great with people with physical/mental difficulties.

:alien:

C

christyne

Okay, technically I am incomplete quad. I use a manuel chair, live independantly (well as independantly as my kids allow). I can not stand/walk, have no sensation on the left side of my body but have good upper body strength. As for sex, it took a little time to adjust in the begining to the altered sensations, for example, I only have feeling on one side of my vagina. That was weird in the begining but the plus in that is I have heightened sensation on the other side. A lot of spinal injury patients have decovered that above their injury level it is heightened.
For me, the biggest challenge mentally was allowing my late husband to see the tube i have in my stomach. Like anyone I wanted to sexually attractive but the tube thing freaked me for a while. After that we had a normal sex life albet for a few positional changes.
I am widowed now so I am back to feeling a little insecure about how another person would cope with tubes and things if I ever find one.
Being young and healthy except for our chairs people have various reactions to you. More on that another time.

SO has that helped, I hope so.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Welcome, I think you will love your time here and help others.The forum are a great friendly bunch, slow to ask questions,but they will love your wit and style.
Talk more after the yanks have left town...see you on the 21st...great meetings with my preferred station today.

Last edited:
C

christyne

Hi Melinda, thanks for the welcome. If the girls ever want to ask questions, I am happy to answer them where I can. I did date a couple of guys in chairs before I was married and had a sexual relationship with both. Both had same injury and level but had very different trigger zones and intensity. When you lose one sense such as touch your other senses often increase.