GEE... That took me by surprise...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Was at work tonight when we had a table of disabled men and women dining with their carers and while they were enjoying the feast in front of them one of our regulars came up to pay their bill.
The thing is that, the regulars paid their bill as well as asked the waitress to put $150 towards the bill of the disabled people.

They then walked away with a thank you from the waitress and nothing else. I believe in Karma and I`m sure this good deed will be rewarded somehow. :notworthy

Happy2

Legend Member
Strange world we live in 30secs ago I was reading a post put up by bushbabe about a poor girl set alight in Sydney
Only to see this post about how generous people can be to total strangers

F

Farm Boy

How about this Sandgroper can drive Semi's interstate while waching TV and yacking on a mobile .

A West Australian truckie has been charged after police found a widescreen television attached to the dashboard of his semi-trailer.

Police at Goulburn in New South Wales pulled over the truck after receiving reports from motorists on the Hume Highway of the driver's erratic driving.

They say the 32-centimetre television was hooked up to a portable DVD player.

In a statement, police said the television obscured a significant section of the windscreen.

The driver faces several charges including driving a vehicle without a clear view and driving while using a hand-held mobile phone.

T

Tania Admin

How about this Sandgroper can drive Semi's interstate while waching TV and yacking on a mobile .

A West Australian truckie has been charged after police found a widescreen television attached to the dashboard of his semi-trailer.

Police at Goulburn in New South Wales pulled over the truck after receiving reports from motorists on the Hume Highway of the driver's erratic driving.

They say the 32-centimetre television was hooked up to a portable DVD player.

In a statement, police said the television obscured a significant section of the windscreen.

The driver faces several charges including driving a vehicle without a clear view and driving while using a hand-held mobile phone.

This man was a complete idiot,,too many people die on our roads, complete and utter stupidity!!!

T

Tania Admin

Strange world we live in 30secs ago I was reading a post put up by bushbabe about a poor girl set alight in Sydney
Only to see this post about how generous people can be to total strangers

It's definitely a bizzare world,,there is good and bad everywhere,,I am guessing karma will take care of this waitress, what a lovely soul :)

viper

Gold Member
Great thing done there fills you with hope wouldn`t you agree? P.S I look forward to when vehicles drive them selves takes humans out of the equation.

Last edited:
C

colbb123

..... I believe in Karma and I`m sure this good deed will be rewarded somehow. :notworthy

I still wonder whether human beings have the capacity to perform purely selfless acts. I believe people can be kind, generous and think of others and this case is an example of that. However if the person is a strong believer in the concept of Karma is it possible that, consciously or not, he / she now feels their good deed will in some way be returned to them? I'm only using this person's deed as an example, clearly it was a very kind and thoughtful thing to do. I'm interested more in what people think about pure selflessness in general.

Happy2

Legend Member
I think there are plenty of decent people More than there are rotten But people dont spread stories of the good very often But we all tell anyone who will listen what terrible things are done

Like great service whether at a restaurant or from a w/l Good service is taken as a given or if very good we are pleased but say nothing to workmates ,friends etc
But bad service Straight to the review pages

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
I think there are plenty of decent people More than there are rotten But people dont spread stories of the good very often But we all tell anyone who will listen what terrible things are done

That is so true. Out of what ever reason humans seem to be very keen on bad news. Good news don't sell. No wonder the papers are full of depressing stuff.......a bit more balance would be nice.
Generally I think that in our oh so dear 'modern techno age' human interaction gets more and more replaced by modern devices. Our natural ability to interact with another human being will get lost and with it the ability to selfless acts...........lol....do I sound like George Orwell now?

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

C

colbb123

That is so true. Out of what ever reason humans seem to be very keen on bad news. Good news don't sell. No wonder the papers are full of depressing stuff.......a bit more balance would be nice.
Generally I think that in our oh so dear 'modern techno age' human interaction gets more and more replaced by modern devices. Our natural ability to interact with another human being will get lost and with it the ability to selfless acts...........lol....do I sound like George Orwell now?

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

....George Orwell, perhaps lol....but I like it Rochelle. Always interested in what you have to say and enjoy hearing your thoughts on things....your jokes are growing on me :p

S

Saige

Bless I love it... It does not just take money for these random acts of kindness, remember "pay it forward"!!

Sometimes the smallest "gift, even if we think is small to us can have a unsubstantial effect on the lives of others even when sometimes we do not realise it. We all get called up in out own lives a)sometimes we take how good it is for granted and b)we do not give enough to help our fellow human being.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
"Pay it forward" would have to be one of my all time favourite movies and just reveal more of my softer side another of my favourites is "It could happen to you"

J

JasRob

good to knw that there are still few good people around sharing their blessings to others...

H

hardstyle

hi guys, its my first day joining this forum and couldnt believe i've read this kind of post in the forum. Very nice indeed.
Cheers

F

Farm Boy

This man was a complete idiot,,too many people die on our roads, complete and utter stupidity!!!

He is not alone.

Three Japanese tourists found themselves in an embarrassing situation after their GPS led them to drive right into the muddy waters of Moreton Bay.

The trio were trying to get to North Stradbroke Island in Queensland yesterday when they took the wrong turn.

They travelled about 500m through mangrove mud, apparently unaware of the 15km of water separating them from their destination.

Yuzu Noda, 21, said their GPS guide "told us we could drive down there".

Happy2

Legend Member
He is not alone.

Three Japanese tourists found themselves in an embarrassing situation after their GPS led them to drive right into the muddy waters of Moreton Bay.

The trio were trying to get to North Stradbroke Island in Queensland yesterday when they took the wrong turn.

They travelled about 500m through mangrove mud, apparently unaware of the 15km of water separating them from their destination.

Yuzu Noda, 21, said their GPS guide "told us we could drive down there".
The GPS is often correct but vague From home if I type in Gympie say It says turn left drive 2500km Or however fat turn left at the lights Correct but of no help