1. My last notice about soft dicks has worked well so will try another...the forum traffic and posts and interaction is picking up and we want more interaction from everyone. I understand some can't learn to post , either too shy or too lazy but you can learn to use the emoji's which are on the bottom right of every post. Use the like or dislike button...let strangers know you have passed their way and appreciate they have made the effort with the post. USE THE EMOJI'S and this way you are joining in...it does make a difference.
    Dismiss Notice

Exclude "Introductions" from New Posts link

Discussion in 'ADMIN NEWS: TIPS: SHORTCUTS: HELP' started by peart, Jan 2, 2016.

1. peart

peart Silver Member

Would it be possible to exclude the threads from the "Introduction" board from the "New Posts"?

When I visit the site, the first thing I do is click on the "New Posts" link to see what has been updated since the last time I was on. Most of the threads that are listed are "Hi", "I'm New", "Hello". Pretty pointless stuff and makes it harder to find the threads I want to read.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Tania

Tania Staff Member Moderator

I find if we answer their hello, hi, etc with questions about them and/or are friendly, newbies then tend to interact more. Therefore we have more people posting, more fun and much more information at our fingertips :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. hottdogg

hottdogg Bronze Member

ys that sounds like a good idea

4. Mary-Anne K

Mary-Anne K Administrator Battle Axe

no i tried and it can.t be done at present.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
  5. Happy2

Happy2 Legend Member

Do newbies truly interact?
    Last week a few of us Went out of our way to have fun with a newbie
    nada zip Nuffinck

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Langtrees VIP Canberra

Langtrees VIP Canberra Gold Member

Personally I've found that if you engage with a newbie & show we are a friendly bunch they tend to feel more included, thus wanting to contribute more.