Courage...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I`ve read and heard many stories this week about people that display great courage,
They seem to have the ability to go on, an not let sadness or bad health get in the way.

To those people I admire you...

May each day become brighter and be filled with more smiles then ever before.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Being married I show great courage when going to see a W/L

A challenge to test your bravery...
Have her wait in the car, while you pretend to pop into the shops for a minute but really try one of these suburban shopping centre massage places...

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
There was once a young man I was mentoring. Let's just call him Joey. In his mid teens he was dangerously overweight.

However on 2 occasions he defeated 2 challenges that was huge to him.
But maybe less of a deal to others.

- Climbing the bicentennial tree at Pemberton to the top deck.

- And riding a mechanical bull.

He did so without hesitation in front of peers of the same age group who are often cruel and judgental. He took his time and climbed to the top. And rode that bill for as long as he could while others that were considered a lot more capable physically declined for self concious reasons. And on both occasions he had a great time.

The rest of the people present was impressed and touched by his courage as I was.

Maybe this was not a story of a heroic rescue or headline material. But inspiring moments to say the least.

N

Naughty Thoughts

Love it Master Yoda. Being afraid of "what others will think" stops a lot of people from doing what they want.

F

Farm Boy

There was once a young man I was mentoring. Let's just call him Joey. In his mid teens he was dangerously overweight.

However on 2 occasions he defeated 2 challenges that was huge to him.
But maybe less of a deal to others.

- Climbing the bicentennial tree at Pemberton to the top deck.

- And riding a mechanical bull.

He did so without hesitation in front of peers of the same age group who are often cruel and judgental. He took his time and climbed to the top. And rode that bill for as long as he could while others that were considered a lot more capable physically declined for self concious reasons. And on both occasions he had a great time.

The rest of the people present was impressed and touched by his courage as I was.

Maybe this was not a story of a heroic rescue or headline material. But inspiring moments to say the least.

Now if he had a crack at this one??

The most famous Brahman Bull in Australian Rodeo history is Chainsaw. Chainsaw had an expansive career of over 10 years on the circuit. Being one of the toughest and roughest bulls to ride, only nine cowboys were ever successful on Chainsaw. The King Brahman Bull had a very impressive record.

Chainsaw won Australia’s Bull of the year a world record of eight times from 1987 to 1994 becoming a legend in rodeo and bull riding circuit around Australia.

Chainsaw had a unique a powerful bucking style that was hard to track and predict and even though Chainsaw was not a large bull, these abilities made it difficult for cowboys to ride.

Cowboys tried to study Chainsaw movements without success, Chainsaw had the ability to shift direction and do whatever it takes to throw the rider to the ground.

Chainsaw was notorious for a sideways jump with all four feet out to one side and turning back to the right all at the same time. This manoeuvre was almost impossible for left handed cowboys and made it difficult to anticipate the next move. With each successful buck, Chainsaw has an added personality by taking a swipe at the failed cowboy and charge to the middle of the pit before doing a victory lap in front of an chanting crowd.

A minute silence was given to Chainsaw when he passed, this reflected the respect he had received from the Rodeo Crowds and Cowboys. Today there has been no other Bull that has matched this famous King Brahman Bull.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

T

tracee

Farmboy,
I remember reading about him....... yes, I don't think I will try bull riding.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Farmboy,
I remember reading about him....... yes, I don't think I will try bull riding.
I am with you, tracee, bull riding is luckily not the only way to show courage.......

R.xxxxxxxxxx

J

JasRob

in this world full of criticisms only a few could have that courage to pursue and prove to others that they can do it...its really inspiring, not just a story to tell but a lesson to learn...because mostly would right away without even looking at themselves yet if they could do it on their own.