• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.
T

Tania Admin

Again another article I stumbled across. This one being for condoms and other uses other than sexual protection by soldiers.
Here are a few snippets from the article. Full story on link below.

condom gun a.jpg

The Combat History of the Condom

A rubber could fix all sorts of problems when a soldier wants to make war, not love.

This story originally appeared on Nov. 27, 2015.

The humble condom — a U.S. soldier’s companion for a hot night out on leave since the military began issuing them in the 1930s as a barrier against infection. But for decades many soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines often used condoms as field-expedient fixes when other solutions weren’t found in the manual.

A rubber is elastic, waterproof, comes in a handy packet and doesn’t usually break – qualities that make it perfect for all kinds of non-regulation uses.

For example, during World War II some G.I.s placed condoms on the muzzles of their weapons. “Condoms will certainly cover the muzzles, and G.I.s were definitely issued condoms for other purposes, so there is no reason that they could not have been used to protect their ‘other weapons,’” said Alan Archambault, former supervisory curator for the U.S. Army Center of Military History.
condom gun.jpg

The idea wasn’t to keep out water. One good dunking would flood any firearm – but the water usually would drain out, particularly from weapons designed to fire with an open bolt.

However, a barrel clogged with mud, grit, sand or some other foreign material could be disastrous. Firing a weapon in that condition could cause the barrel to explode, severely injuring or killing the soldier.

Slapping a piece of tape on the business end of a rifle was one recommended way of keeping the gunk out. But a soldier or Marine might not have any tape handy, whereas the military made sure every fighting man had his “prophylactic kit” containing a condom.

Source And Full Article: War Is Boring https://warisboring.com/the-combat-history-of-the-condom/

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
In 1942 and 1943, the Wehrmacht’s Sixth Army was trapped in the city of Stalingrad. The survival of this army was the key to the Reich’s survival on the Eastern Front. It was up to the Luftwaffe to airdrop supplies for the army. Not only did the Luftwaffe not deliver anywhere near the amount needed, but they delivered some ludicrously wrong supplies, including cellophane grenade covers, fish food, ground pepper, and a massive condom shipment.

Happy2

Legend Member
I but they delivered some ludicrously wrong supplies, including cellophane grenade covers, fish food, ground pepper, and a massive condom shipment.
I heard the Massive condoms were actually required as the wehrmacht were massively endowed men

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
In 1942 and 1943, the Wehrmacht’s Sixth Army was trapped in the city of Stalingrad. The survival of this army was the key to the Reich’s survival on the Eastern Front. It was up to the Luftwaffe to airdrop supplies for the army. Not only did the Luftwaffe not deliver anywhere near the amount needed, but they delivered some ludicrously wrong supplies, including cellophane grenade covers, fish food, ground pepper, and a massive condom shipment.

Sigh, no wonder the Germans lost the war...........

Mopar63

Gold Member
Well it makes perfect sense when you think about it.
The Luftwaffe knew the Wehrmacht was fucked, so sending condoms was the only logical way of keeping them safe. :playful: