Close Shave

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SallyShaver

I don't know if the news reached down your way, but we had a real close shave here just a few days ago when a plane crashed into our river!

Miraculously everyone survived but many were really shaken up and it was so cold that it was hard to tell if they was shakin from the cold or from fear?

Yesterday they took a big crane and they managed to pull that plane right out of the Hudson River and it was still intact, except for one motor.

New York is really celebrating this week with a new President to be inaugurated.

Maybe you folk will see it on TV, if you do I will try to give you all a wave.

So take care and bye for now.
Sal.

M

MuchEnlightenment

Gday Sal, yes that has been big news down here for days, I think they replayed the footage almost as much as the twin towers. If you were onboard you were very very lucky, I see on todays news also that Obama is still heaping praise on the pilot. He is extremely skilled that is for sure, most didches into water don't end so well.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
hi Sally i'll be watching it on the tele live and i'll keep my eye out 4 ya , but make sure you us a big wave so we can see ya ok :) :)

yer and i did see the news about the plane wanna-be a boat and good to see that no lives were lost as it could have been much worst that it was

B

BlackDagger_Au

I don't know if the news reached down your way, but we had a real close shave here just a few days ago when a plane crashed into our river!

Miraculously everyone survived but many were really shaken up and it was so cold that it was hard to tell if they was shakin from the cold or from fear?

Yesterday they took a big crane and they managed to pull that plane right out of the Hudson River and it was still intact, except for one motor.

New York is really celebrating this week with a new President to be inaugurated.

Maybe you folk will see it on TV, if you do I will try to give you all a wave.

So take care and bye for now.
Sal.

Watch it on TV > Lucky for all concerned even our aussie girl that was on board the plane

I`ll be watching out for u as well

Take Care from Downunder

W.A

Cya

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
Sally i think it will be hard for us to see u in the crowd but if you was to climb up onto Abraham Lincoln's lapp and wave to us im sure we will see you then :) :)

G

God'sWorker

Hello Sally,
I truly feel for all you people in New York you sure do get your share of bad luck, but thankfully on this occassion God was obviously withn you all.

I saw it several times on TV and read about it all in our newspapers and it could have been much worse had that plane gone down in a heavy populated part of the city it could have been like 9/11 all over.

I thought of you immediately and then checked this forum and was so relieved when I saw you were still with us.

I can't stay in here long right now seeing as there is so much work to do with the inaguration, so I will come back and share with all you lovely people just as soon as I can.

Until then may God be with you all and guide you safely in your travels.

Nancy.

Sir Stefan

Agent Provocateur
Foundation Member
C'mon Nancy.... now lets get real here are you trying to claim 'ownership' of the outcome by suggesting that God put his hand on that plane and put it down in the river?

I reckon the PILOT was the real HERO... and without that man behind the controls then the outcome may have been very different?

G

God'sWorker

Sirstefan, I believe there were TWO hero's on that plane and one of them was the pilot and that they worked together, helping each other to save those folk from a certain death and of course the second hero was God himself working quietly behind the scene, as always he does.

nancy.

H

HenryBperth

Good Grief..... Give me strength..... What a crock of shit.

It always used to amaze me that my mother would always say that everything good that happened "Oh that was Jehova behind that" and everything bad that happend "That is Satan doing that" PPffffffftttt

Sirstefan, I believe there were TWO hero's on that plane and one of them was the pilot and that they worked together, helping each other to save those folk from a certain death and of course the second hero was God himself working quietly behind the scene, as always he does.

nancy.

Sir Stefan

Agent Provocateur
Foundation Member
I read the story in the press here in Perth, as told by the pilot, who said he realised he was in serious trouble when BOTH engines failed and he was still climbing. he thought of returning to the airport...but then realised he was too low and would not make the distance and would have crashed into a populated area.... so he decided to drop it in the river.

Now what non of us can say...with any degree of certainty... is what triggered that thought process, in the mind of the Captain???

C

corneus

Sir Stefan (and God's Worker) we can actually say with great certainty what triggered that thought process. Every commercial airport in the world has approach and departure procedures which all airlines have to follow. Those procedures include what to do in the event of a power loss on or shortly after takeoff.

Have a look at Google maps and search for La Guardia Airport, it is surrounded by the river! The pilot and co-pilot would have noted and confirmed with each other the power loss/ditching procedure before they pushed the throttles foward to take off.

The very rare power loss event happened, the pilots reacted skillfully and followed the procedure to put it down in the water. Not an easy thing to do, but not a "blessed miracle" either!

It is self-serving religious clap-trap to suggest that goddidit!

Sir Stefan

Agent Provocateur
Foundation Member
Thanks Corneus for clearing up that matter.... I know you are well knowledged in matters of aviation... So I am happy to accept your very lucid explanation.

Just goes to show how these bloody 'God Botherers' will grab the glory at every opportunity.... bit like the Politicians!

I'm a bit inclined to send Nancy a PM telling her to 'go get a fuk up her'.... but am a bit worried that God may not look kindly on me if i did?

Sir Stefan

Agent Provocateur
Foundation Member
Whoops... I think it's a bit too late already as Nancy will probably have read it here by now... and even if she hasn't yet.... and if I go back and edit it out chances are are God himself probably has... it's anyones guess now as to what fait awaits me in the hereafter?

Status
Not open for further replies.