Christmas Bonus...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I won`t say how much the company I work for made this year but I do think it was worth more then just giving the workers a box of chocolates...

Anybody else feel that their boss is the Grinch that stole Christmas??

D

doobdoob

Hello everyone! This is a filler post that the Admins put in here because this member is a small-minded potty mouth who has yet to learn how to respect women.

Last edited by a moderator:

ecchimiki

Gold Member
Nice comment there, doobdoob. How about if you happen to work for a company that never gives bonuses to ANYONE, other than their own board of directors?

P

Peter

I pay myself a bonus every year!! I also send my 5 staff to Bali as a bonus.

Demon

Legend Member
My boss said that if I want a bonus, I can have one, but I have to pay for it myself.

Stingy bastard!

This thread is making me dislike my boss.

(Risk of being self-employed)

Happy2

Legend Member
My boss said that if I want a bonus, I can have one, but I have to pay for it myself.

Stingy bastard!

This thread is making me dislike my boss.

(Risk of being self-employed)

Self loathing is a slippery slope Demon
Better promote yourself. You know. A real grand title make you feel better

Demon

Legend Member

El Presidente for life. :notworthy:notworthy

Thank you H2. You are now the propaganda minister. (Oops PR/marketing).

Demon

Legend Member

PS. You should have heard what I thought of the boss last week. The stuff above was my positive thoughts about the guy. (Note the lack of expletives).

Happy2

Legend Member
PS. You should have heard what I thought of the boss last week. The stuff above was my positive thoughts about the guy. (Note the lack of expletives).

He didn't make some bad business decisions did he? Like get a export license to sell food to the North Korean People Thinking their new Dear Leader might allow western luxuries like a full belly

Demon

Legend Member
He didn't make some bad business decisions did he? Like get a export license to sell food to the North Korean People Thinking their new Dear Leader might allow western luxuries like a full belly

Damn, I missed that opportunity. Do you any more terrific opportunities missed which I should bring to his attention?

Happy2

Legend Member
Damn, I missed that opportunity. Do you any more terrific opportunities missed which I should bring to his attention?

Mail order working ladies? With free trial period But Wait theres more Buy one get another free.

Demon

Legend Member
i get bonuses every year. if you didn't get one u probably weren't good enough for 1 or couldnt perform or just don't make the cut buddy

Bonuses to be effective as motivators need to go to a small percentage of staff who deserve them. Or to a larger percentage of staff if size of bonus is related to performance.

As soon as all people get them, they are a gift, or just deferred salary.

A large body of research has shown this to be true.

Personally when in large corporates I was totally against bonuses after seeing how they were misused. I believe one of four possibilities should occur:

1. Excellent performance. Permanent salary increase (above inflation and general salary increase).
2. Average performance. You still have a job. Congratulations. (Salary increases with inflation and general salary increase).
3. Below average performance. Permanent salary decrease (relative to inflation and general salary increase). Dollars still might go up but less than inflation and general salary increase.
4. Crap performance. We give you the opportunity to try new experiences outside this company.

Specific bonuses deleted.

I also believe in Xmas gifts for employees (all employees at xmas time). Not called a bonus. If you are good enough to be on the team you get it. If anyone thinks otherwise about you, why have they not raised the question of why you are still on the team?