1. My last notice about soft dicks has worked well so will try another...the forum traffic and posts and interaction is picking up and we want more interaction from everyone. I understand some can't learn to post , either too shy or too lazy but you can learn to use the emoji's which are on the bottom right of every post. Use the like or dislike button...let strangers know you have passed their way and appreciate they have made the effort with the post. USE THE EMOJI'S and this way you are joining in...it does make a difference.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing the Rules of The Forum

Discussion in 'ADMIN NEWS: TIPS: SHORTCUTS: HELP' started by Mary-Anne K, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Mary-Anne K

Mary-Anne K Administrator Battle Axe

Gee I like being Queen Bee I get to make changes to make the forum more productive.Now that Aaron and Jason are understanding the software I am getting all the features I couldn't use before.
    Being dyslexic, I struggle with the permissions, I always read them backwards.
    Forums work if all members contribute something towards the forum, I am pleased with many new members joining in, but a lot are just saying Hi and making no effort, so first new rule.

1. ALL POSTS HAVE TO BE 50 CHARACTERS OR MORE.
    2. All members will have to make a post every three months otherwise they will lose there permissions to view all board except advertiser boards.
    3. All members must have an avatar if they take down the one I put up they must add another one.
    That is all for now until i think of more changes.
    PS Legends got there delete button back or will sometime today.

Lastly but not least we have worked out how to make Langtrees.com members automatically members of the forum with one login, it will take a few days to implement, but another 10,000 members will be visiting shortly.

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Don't Understand x 1
    • Cool x 1
  2. westy

westy Mouse chasing Pussy Legend Member

That's 500,000 words minimum in greetings. Better batten down the "NEW POSTS" hatches H.P. and take a big swig of RUM.
    Bouquets for the return of our delete buttons !!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Mary-Anne K

I reduced the characters to 35......................

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. TheCock

TheCock Legend Member

I can not fullfill rule 2 as I dont have internet.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. luckydayau

luckydayau All ever good Silver Member

Mary-Anne K Thanks for your advice re membership. I know there is quality in this forum as I love to read the reviews. I also know the reviews have been accurate as I can attest to some that I have read. I just hope I can satisfy the new rules. Regards and happy christmas

6. Mary-Anne K

I am sure you can Lucky

7. Ianm74

Ianm74 Silver Member

I just joined these forums today, so will just say "hi". I am slowly finding my way through the site but it will take a while, having said that it is really handy having rules clearly set out as it helps. So thank you to the administrators.

Ian

• Welcome Welcome x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Couldbeworth85

Couldbeworth85 Bronze Member

I just joined these forums today, so will just say "hi". I am slowly finding my way through the site but it will take a while, having said that it is really handy having rules clearly set out as it helps. So thank you to the administrators.
    Yes I copy paste that post as I'm not really creative today...

• Welcome Welcome x 1
  9. happypirate

happypirate Old pirate Staff Member Forum Manager

Ahoy Welcome aboard
    Please have an avatar, any pic will do. It is considered polite on this site to have an avatar, thank-you.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
  10. bepp

bepp Feelthy old bugga Legend Member

Crawler...........

11. Lanira

Lanira Bronze Member

Well Said Queen Bee :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

I look forward to trying my best on the forum........

• Like Like x 1
  12. paulchristopher

paulchristopher Bronze Member

[QUOTErules
    I am really struggling to understand why a forum needs this rule...must be a pain in tge neck for moderstors?
    y-Anne K, post: 397877, member: 104"]Gee I like being Queen Bee I get to make changes to make the forum more productive.Now that Aaron and Jason are understanding the software I am getting all the features I couldn't use before.
    Being dyslexic, I struggle with the permissions, I always read them backwards.
    Forums work if all members contribute something towards the forum, I am pleased with many new members joining in, but a lot are just saying Hi and making no effort, so first new rule.

1. ALL POSTS HAVE TO BE 50 CHARACTERS OR MORE.
    2. All members will have to make a post every three months otherwise they will lose there permissions to view all board except advertiser boards.
    3. All members must have an avatar if they take down the one I put up they must add another one.
    That is all for now until i think of more changes.
    PS Legends got there delete button back or will sometime today.

Lastly but not least we have worked out how to make Langtrees.com members automatically members of the forum with one login, it will take a few days to implement, but another 10,000 members will be visiting shortly.
    [/QUOTE]
    These rukes

13. happypirate

Ahoy Welcome aboard
    Please have an avatar, any pic will do. It is considered polite on this site to have an avatar.

14. AX1728

AX1728 Bronze Member

I can't access the forums? Any ideas?

15. happypirate

Ahoy Welcome aboard.
    To answer your question. you need to do more post on Threads

16. AX1728

AX1728 Bronze Member

Thanks for the heads up

17. stevesurg

stevesurg Silver Member

OK I guess we've got our work cut out for us... I'm a chronic forum creep.

18. JohnGrug

JohnGrug Silver Member

Can someone please explain to me why do you have to have certain posts before this thing is unrestricted?? Long time listener first time caller...

19. Black Mirror

Black Mirror Bronze Member

I actually liked the default avatar better. ;)

20. Average

Average Silver Member

Yeah, my default's good