Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DANNY

Ok Heres One For The Ladies To Comment On Or Anyone Who Can Give Me Some Answers I Have A Friend That Is Thinking About Getting Her Breast Enlarged In Bankok Being That It Is So Much Cheaper Than Here My Question Is It A Safe Thing To Do And Has Anyone Heard Or Know Anyone Who Has Had It Done There

M

minimel

i would be a bit doubtful.. i have heard horror stories, and i have heard good stories.. i guess she just has to do all her research very, very well, to make sure that it is a reputable plastic surgeon of that field, and it is a good hospital she is going too. there should be a board of surgeons on the net if she googles it.

for myself, i'd rather pay a larger fee and know that i am safer in australia with the proper medical care on hand, than to pay a smaller fee for a dodgy surgeon. because if something does go wrong (touch wood) she may not be covered insurance wise.

sioxie

Foundation Member
You get what u pay for

I have worked with the best plastic surgeons in perth for many years and even they make mistakes! ( yes they arent infallible) so i would b very dubious about travelling to another country esp thailand to have any sort of procedure done. I know they are about half the cost of australian surgery but when something goes wrong in surgery it usually goes VERY VERY wrong. Not only with the actual surgery but with anaesthetics as well .I know many of the asian countries are setting up "tourist day surgeries" and trying to get the tourist dollar but i have also seen the end results of some of these implant/facial/ tummy tuck ops as guess who has to fix em? Usually infection is the greatest culprit as the hygiene standards of some of the overseas hospitals are not as stringent as ours. Also most of these hospitals dont have the infection control monitoring either and u are at greater risk of getting hep b / HIV/ staph infections. It is ultimately her decision and i am sure she will look into in thouroughly but personally i would rather wait and save up the extra 6 thousand or so u save and have it done here. Better to b safe than sorry as they say...............

S

sweet_as

bankok surgery

Hey danny,

Just how much is it going to cost her all up..flight, accomodation surgery etc...i had mine done with a very good surgeon who i would thoroughly recommend and it cost approx $5500, 2yrs ago...if you have any questions then i have all the info still and you can find out all the info on the net as i did initially..

happy to help....

donna

C

chrissie

sweet_as said:
Hey danny,

Just how much is it going to cost her all up..flight, accomodation surgery etc...i had mine done with a very good surgeon who i would thoroughly recommend and it cost approx $5500, 2yrs ago...if you have any questions then i have all the info still and you can find out all the info on the net as i did initially..

happy to help....

donna

Someone I know had a breast enlargement done about a month ago, here in Perth, privately, and it cost her $7,500 all up. That was at the Mount.

Chrissie

M

Mary Anne PA

You go Sioxie... lol.. made me smile...

was going to ask if you'd worked out what the edit one did but then realised you wold only see it on your own posts..lol

You coming along this weekend at all?

sioxie

Foundation Member
Whoops serena i can still b a dumb blonde sometimes DOH! U would think after 120 odd posts i would have worked it out by now wouldnt u?

Another thing im trying to work out which is the best nite to go? Friday or sat? I need a nite off from working 2 jobs so mayb i should b a real party animal and go BOTH nites! What do u think? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.