• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Anyone remember these brothels in Perth?

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
This is an extract from Hansard, Perth Parliament House (Langtrees doesn't score a mention back then. :D):

Mr TAYLOR replied:

There are 14 related businesses and brothels operating within the containment and control policy in the Perth metropolitan area.They are -

• Adinas;
  • Aphrodites;
  • Caseys;
  • Fremantle Fitness;
  • Happy Haven;
  • Jade House;
  • Januarys;
  • La Cheries;
  • Pampour Parlour;
  • Scarlet Garter,
  • Lisa's Retreat;
  • Monsigneurs;
  • The Agency
  • Sasha's.
Link not working so taken down

Last edited by a moderator:

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
This is an extract from Hansard, Perth Parliament House (Langtrees doesn't score a mention back then. :D):

Mr TAYLOR replied:

There are 14 related businesses and brothels operating within the containment and control policy in the Perth metropolitan area.They are -

• Adinas;
  • Aphrodites;
  • Caseys;
  • Fremantle Fitness;
  • Happy Haven;
  • Jade House;
  • Januarys;
  • La Cheries;
  • Pampour Parlour;
  • Scarlet Garter,
  • Lisa's Retreat;
  • Monsigneurs;
  • The Agency
  • Sasha's.
Been to eight of them but a long time ago plus 6 or seven in Kal

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
From the Canberra Times in 1988

Perth brothel owner says wealth lies in police policy
PERTH: Brothel owner Dorrie
Flatman says she has the Western
Australian police to thank for making
her a wealthy woman in Perth, ac
cording to a British TV program.
In an interview screened on the
BBC in Britain on Friday, Mrs Flat
man said the police's containment pol
icy on prostitution had prevented new
brothels opening in Perth.
She revealed there were 200 women
working in Perth's 16 contained
brothels, with another 120 working
outside the system.
The BBC program, presented by
Alan Whicker, was part of a series on
the lives of successful British mi
grants in Australia.
Mrs Flatman, who left Liverpool in
1963 with her three daughters and
only £45, was described in the pro
gram as one of Australia's richest
women.
The program said she ran three
flourishing brothels, employing be
tween 25 and 45 women, and took 50
per cent of each prostitute's earnings.
Perth's brothels, though illegal, are
said to be tolerated by police provided
there are no under-age girls, no drugs
and no men involved in their manage
ment. Mr Whicker told British view
ers, "Containment frees prostitutes
from the parasitical pimp and pre
vents organised crime getting its
hands upon the flourishing brothels of
Perth and Kalgoorlie."
Mrs Flatman told Mr Whicker that
no new brothels could open and peo
ple who wanted to get into the busi
ness had to buy into an existing
establishment. Business had been
good in the old days before police
controls, but was now even better.
Western Australia's Police Com
missioner, Mr Brian Bull, quoted in
the program as saying that contain
ment was the "ideal system", told
Perth's Sunday Times that his com
ments did not conflict with Western
Australia's planned legalisation of
prostitution.
"I believe the current system is ide
al until something better can be
found," he said.
Mrs Flatman told the newspaper
that she was shocked to hear about
her reported statements on prostitu
tion, but declined to comment further
until she had seen the program.
She said she thought she had been
on a family TV show to promote the
bicentenary.
A spokesman for Western Austra
lia's Minister for Police, Mr Hill,
said Cabinet would make a decision in
the "near future" about legislation to
legalise prostitution.
Mr Hill has condemned the con
tainment system, saying it puts police
in the unfair position of having to
administer an illegal activity.
He wants a judge to head a new
authority administering legalised
prostitution. -

Lana

Madam @ Langtrees
Staff member
Legend Member

Mr TAYLOR replied:

• Adinas;
  • Aphrodites;
  • Caseys;
  • Fremantle Fitness;
  • Happy Haven;
  • Jade House;
  • Januarys;
  • La Cheries;
  • Pampour Parlour;
  • Scarlet Garter,
  • Lisa's Retreat;
  • Monsigneurs;
  • The Agency
  • Sasha's.
yep i remember Adinas
aphrodities (which i thought was owed Dorrie Flatman)
yes to caseys
yes to fremantle fitness
yes to happy haven
no to jade house
yes to januarys
yes to la cheries
no to pampour parlour
no to scarlet garter
yes to lisa's retreat
no to monsigneurs
no to the agency
yes to sasha's

how about Dee sweet hearts
pandora
moulin rouge ( which kept getting shut down- it was down the road from dee sweet hearts)

:D i think this thread is showing my age

westy

Mouse chasing Pussy
Diamond Member
yep i remember Adinas
aphrodities (which i thought was owed Dorrie Flatman)
yes to caseys
yes to fremantle fitness
yes to happy haven
no to jade house
yes to januarys
yes to la cheries
no to pampour parlour
no to scarlet garter
yes to lisa's retreat
no to monsigneurs
no to the agency
yes to sasha's

how about Dee sweet hearts
pandora
moulin rouge ( which kept getting shut down- it was down the road from dee sweet hearts)

:D i think this thread is showing my age
Wow. Some awesome memories of fun times at Dee's Sweethearts just came flooding back.

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Scarlet Garter and Lisa's Retreat were owned by the same woman she was a pyromaniac with a Marilyn Monroe fixation .

Aside from that some of the girls at Lisa,s should have been voted into the WLs hall of Fame ,

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Whats was Madison name before that? Something Sirs shzz coming for tea tomight she can probably remember.

Last edited:

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
I think Madison Avenue was known in the 80s as Jades and then became L'avignon and then Monseigneurs and then Madison Avenue.

Madison Avenue: Vic Park’s decades-old brothel closes
February 10th, 2017, 04:00PMWritten by Aaron Corlett Southern Gazette
NEWS

Sue Chapman, who ran the Madison Avenue Brothel, says business has waned recently. Picture: Matt Jelonek www.communitypix.com.au d465208
IT is the end of an era for one of Victoria Park’s most controversial businesses.
Madison Avenue, a brothel which has operated for 67 years under various names, has closed down after being a staple on the corner of Albany Highway and Temple Street.
Sue Chapman, who started at the business as a receptionist, has run it since 1995. She closed on February 5 because the building is being sold.
“It ran under the containment policy, which was good until it changed and let things run underground,” said Ms Chapman.
“The lease expired in January; we were never given a heads-up by the Williams family, who own the building, that it was up for sale, so we never had the opportunity to purchase it.
“We never had the chance to relocate around Victoria Park because I don’t think we’d ever be able to pass the planning regulations from the council.
“I don’t want to lie about what we do; some other places say they are a massage parlour but they are not. It is a sad time for us and our clients too; we have built up plenty of goodwill.
“There have been four robberies in my time and two hold-ups but everyone has been caught.”

Mrs Chapman said the removal of the containment policy, an unwritten policy that ran until 2000 allowing sexual services businesses to operate with police approval subject to conditions, was a negative outcome.
“We’ve had MLA Michelle Roberts visit in 1999 and other pollies as well. People are surprised and interested in it,” she said.
“There have been private tours; people are curious about what happens here.
“A few raids have happened over the years, early in the piece especially, the drug squad has come out but we’ve always complied with them.
“Back in the day under different laws, the girls had their taxes paid and the girls were required to have health checks.
“It’s been an eye-opening experience. There must have been thousands of people who have visited here over the years.”
Mrs Chapman said the economy had affected the business.
“We had about 18 to 20 clients each day at the end, it was probably the worst time ever,” she said.
“During the good economic times, we would have up to 70 clients per day.”

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
I haven't punted since the 90s. I'm just a poster like anyone else who posts on this board 'cos I found it interesting. I've no biases either way for anyone in this industry. What I do here is an occasional pastime. If you've suggestions, feel free to do your own posts and research.

The statement made in Parliament was in the early 90s or late 80s I think when Langtrees or Mackenzies weren't around.

A

ampmassageboy

Yes, Mackenzies was later to the piece, and Mrs Langtrees and I both had bad experiences with the owner.

On another note, the Madison count of 18 to 20 clients per day would be most welcome to most operators now who have seen that drop far south of that. But don't worry, the economy should pick up soon, about 2030.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I haven't punted since the 90s. I'm just a poster like anyone else who posts on this board 'cos I found it interesting. I've no biases either way for anyone in this industry. What I do here is an occasional pastime. If you've suggestions, feel free to do your own posts and research.

The statement made in Parliament was in the early 90s or late 80s I think when Langtrees or Mackenzies weren't around.
"No one is taking a dig Historian love the threads but it is best to answer so when we break them up a little, posts can be moved to a titles thread just haven't worked out to do yet, your posts will become research for many students in Perth & Australia so keep up the good work, & we will help you learn to be a little bit less defensive...always read the post three times is my rule.

Sharaz

WL Historian
Gold Member

Mr TAYLOR replied:

• Adinas;
  • Aphrodites;
  • Caseys;
  • Fremantle Fitness;
  • Happy Haven;
  • Jade House;
  • Januarys;
  • La Cheries;
  • Pampour Parlour;
  • Scarlet Garter,
  • Lisa's Retreat;
  • Monsigneurs;
  • The Agency
  • Sashas

I remember most of those agencies and brothels and I have heaps of newspaper articles from the 70's and 80's that Mary-Anne is going to show me how to scan as there is some very interesting history there. Stay Tuned...........

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member

Mr TAYLOR replied:

• Adinas;
  • Aphrodites;
  • Caseys;
  • Fremantle Fitness;
  • Happy Haven;
  • Jade House;
  • Januarys;
  • La Cheries;
  • Pampour Parlour;
  • Scarlet Garter,
  • Lisa's Retreat;
  • Monsigneurs;
  • The Agency
  • Sasha's.
La Cherie's is a special memory for me. It is there that the Universe gave Petite Angelina into my life. She was the best and there will never be another one like her :)

42073-444c83b1898508901a341a73bc054cc4.jpg ang24 (1).jpg ang42.jpg bw_g_string3.jpg photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG

Attachments

• ang24.jpg
    ang24.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 3

Lana

Madam @ Langtrees
Staff member
Legend Member
La Cherie's is a special memory for me. It is there that the Universe gave Petite Angelina into my life. She was the best and there will never be another one like her :)

Link not working so taken down