• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

An inspirational story about a nine year old warrior.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Lately a young boy I coach in Kung Fu shared a heart warming story with me that made me very proud of him.

Three boys bigger and older than him have been bullying him for the past few weeks. After knowing he was in no real danger and asking if he wanted help he continually said no, and that it is ok. As a mentor I gave him his space and did not insist on interfering.

Today he told me that yesterday he had enough. I asked him what he did. He told me:

He went up and shoved the leader of the pack. He then ran and they chased. He lead them to a place with no people then stopped and turned around.

As he faced the three boys he did not give them time to think and tackled the leader to the ground. He had access to striking his head and face but decided that would do too much damage. He did not want to hurt him.

So he turned him over pull his head back by the hair. Placed the bully's hand on his own knee and applied pressure to the bully's elbow to bend it backwards. The whole time he used reasonable force and applied just enough for the bully to give up and recognise defeat. The other two stopped and stared in shock.

He let him go and they all ran away.

I am so proud that he did not turn to violence as a first resort to violence and tried for weeks to make them stop (they did not). He lead them to a remote place and sorted them out and did not tell his friends about it. He only told his mother and me. And he chose not to use unreasonable force and do unnecessary damage. He only wanted to teach them a lesson he said.

He told none of his friends as he felt there was no need to tell anyone.

I am not keen on him using violence. But considering the circumstances and using such restraint is a reflection on his level of skill and choice of who to be in the face of such conflict.

Let-s-Fight-zhenwei-wang-cheng-18569612-498-272.jpg

This is not his true image, but a look alike.

T

Tania Admin

Bully's suck. A very thoughtful and practical approach this young man took. He will be very successful in life I have no doubt.

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Me too! I would have smashed them in front of everyone :rage:
And I am so proud as an instructor did not act out in anger when he had the advantage :)

Students are the greatest teachers at times :)

T

Tania Admin

And I am so proud as an instructor did not act out in anger when he had the advantage :)

Students are the greatest teachers at times :)
Definitely you should be proud.

I sadly was quite aggressive (though an A grade student) in my younger days. Very much due to the horrors I was living at home.
Seems like 4 lifetimes ago now. I am very different to who I was as an angry child and teenager. Though in saying that I've always had a charitable and caring heart.

T

TBC - Vivian

I sadly was quite aggressive (though an A grade student) in my younger days. Very much due to the horrors I was living at home.
Seems like 4 lifetimes ago now. I am very different to who I was as an angry child and teenager. Though in saying that I've always had a charitable and caring heart.

Wow why fight so much

Master Yoda

Legend Member

I can totally relate to that. As a half breed asian child in the 80s in a western country I was hunted down for a beating everyday. After doing what I did best I often felt bad lol

sdm85

Silver Member
He told none of his friends as he felt there was no need to tell anyone.

I assume this happened at school? There is every need to tell the other kids what happened otherwise he just gets left alone while some other poor kid cops it instead.

Just like in all facet's of life, bullies quickly back down after a good public humiliation. Standing up for yourself is one thing but standing up for everyone else isn't even in the same ball park.

He's also very lucky that the other 2 didn't jump in.

Master Yoda

Legend Member
I assume this happened at school? There is every need to tell the other kids what happened otherwise he just gets left alone while some other poor kid cops it instead.

Just like in all facet's of life, bullies quickly back down after a good public humiliation. Standing up for yourself is one thing but standing up for everyone else isn't even in the same ball park.

He's also very lucky that the other 2 didn't jump in.
Valid point. I will pass that onto his parents. They may talk to his school if they wish.

I spoke to the boy yesterday. And I asked him myself about the danger of the other 2 boys. The young warrior said that he looked them both in the eyes as he made the first boy scream and told them if they ever spoke to him like this again this will happen again. They agreed and he let them all go.

Still though I will address protecting others as a topic next time I teach him.

Thank you :)

T

Tania Admin

I can totally relate to that. As a half breed asian child in the 80s in a western country I was hunted down for a beating everyday. After doing what I did best I often felt bad lol
Funny you say that. We were targeted by the Greeks because we were Australian. We are all friends now though :)