• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

An Aussie tradition...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I think I need some help from my fellow forum members, you see the thing is I`m needing to take a couple days off work but I can`t see my boss giving me permission.
This gives me no alternative then to follow the good old fashioned Aussie tradition of having a sickie...
What`s some excuses you have used or heard been used in the past that might actually work??

C

Contrarian

A friend of mine has pinched his nose between his thumb and finger and pretended he had a head cold. He even primed it up the day before by coughing a few times in front of the boss - without stating it of course.

Not sure of the rules though - one day usually you don't need a MC. But two? I do know however that it's hard to get a medical appointment these days especially if you're looking for a doctor who bulk bills.

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
One of my girlfriends grandmother has died at least 4 times that I'm aware of?? Lol horribly lie but I suppose it worked for her...

C

Contrarian

You've to be careful with that one. Sometimes employers check newspaper obituaries for mentions.

J

Jazzmine

"I'm really sorry but I'm in hospital having a baby. I won't be able to make the next few shifts."

Luckily enough this was the truth. But I guess you can't use that one?!

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Car broken down in the middle of nowhere.........but honestly BB whatever you come up with now your boss won't believe you.

R.xxxxxxxxx

F

Farm Boy

E mail this in.

The voices told me to clean all the guns today.

P

Perth boy

Tell the boss you're having trouble with your eye sight and you can't see yourself going to work!

Ok Gentleman I thought that was funny !!

BB just tell the truth and ask for a few days off.

V

virgintim

I needed to take the following day off work so I could go to the footy, but I didn't want it to obviously look like I was bludging. So I rocked up to work the day before the match acting very low, groggy and at once point stated that I was feeling sick and excused myself to the toilet. The brain is a powerful thing, because I actually started to feel really bad after 2 hours of acting sick. In what must have been a logie worthy performance, my boss asked if I was ok and started to worry. I was still performing my duties well at work, I was just making sure I looked like something out of a zombie film. Anyway I sold the act better than I could've imagined, and my boss ordered me to go home right then and there, forget about the rest of the shift and not come in until I was feeling better.

In hindsight she probably didn't want to get sick and was just covering her bases, but I would like to think that for that one moment I brought Hollywood level acting to my workplace. I feel really bad about lying, but it was a very important match and I couldn't stand to miss it.