• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Am I too harsh?

C

colzilla

The hooker and stripper church that Eskimo brother M mentioned could be a goer H.

Obbie

Legend Member
Surround yourself with the people you want and dump the ones you don't the choice is yours yoda

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
"I agree. If everything was mutual and balanced, things are better left to take their course. However one friendship in particular is hurting and hindering me the way it is. That is why I chose to cut that cord. And the cut is hurting for the short term. Yet it has to be done."

I know what you are talking about. I have one of those friend as well. I thought about it so many times. It is a one way road in the sense of she is really draining me with her problems. So hanging out with her is one constant negative trip.
Ok that doesn't mean that I care for her and so far I couldn't do the cut. I guess what saves it at the moment is the fact that we live far apart......her in Perth..........ahhhhhhh don't want to go there.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
"I agree. If everything was mutual and balanced, things are better left to take their course. However one friendship in particular is hurting and hindering me the way it is. That is why I chose to cut that cord. And the cut is hurting for the short term. Yet it has to be done."

I know what you are talking about. I have one of those friend as well. I thought about it so many times. It is a one way road in the sense of she is really draining me with her problems. So hanging out with her is one constant negative trip.
Ok that doesn't mean that I care for her and so far I couldn't do the cut. I guess what saves it at the moment is the fact that we live far apart......her in Perth..........ahhhhhhh don't want to go there.

I had 2 female friends in the past that were like that. Yes I did have some female friends, ok many many moons ago while I was a little more decent looking. These days I am a people repellent. My only friend is Miss Palmer. lol...thats another story.

Boy did they have relationship problems or what?! Now thinking about it, I'd rather watch a 3 hr bored to death drama and be done with it than to listen to them goin on and on about their dysfunctional relationships. I was young dumb and full of bum. Yeah i would sit there and listen till my bum made an impression on the couch. And what a tush that was lol...

OPI (other people's issues) are really other people's issues, no matter how much advice or help you provide, in the end you either become the enemy or the arsehole who meddle in OPI's.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Jesus Christ it fucken hurts to remove someone from my life I care deeply for.........

You just gotta let go brother. Not easy but hey until they can sort out their own crap, the tie will remain severed. Hard to help them if they can't help themselves. It's time to let go and let them walk on their own 2 feet. It's a learning process for all.

C

colzilla

In the T.V series you seem like the biggest idiot in creation.

Some wise word$ Eskimo Brother.

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
You just gotta let go brother. Not easy but hey until they can sort out their own crap, the tie will remain severed. Hard to help them if they can't help themselves. It's time to let go and let them walk on their own 2 feet. It's a learning process for all.
Easier said than done.......especially when they call you and cry on the phone..........and I know I do the same thing again.......support.......support.......support and I know they will do it all over again........grrrrrrrr that's why physical distance of several thousands of km is a really important thing.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Thanks for all your comments.

Most of the people that no long need to be in my life no longer need me in their life either. And very little or nothing needs to be said. The season of interaction is over. At least for now.

There are just a few and one in particular that is well aware that I am harmed to some extent by staying in proximity. And yet knowingly chooses to stay in my world for self benefit.

But hey.......kindness comes first and I will be gentle in nudging this be out.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Easier said than done.......especially when they call you and cry on the phone..........and I know I do the same thing again.......support.......support.......support and I know they will do it all over again........grrrrrrrr that's why physical distance of several thousands of km is a really important thing.

That's true, it's easier said than done. For me, if someone kept coming to me sobbing all the time and when patience run so thin that air start to leak from my bubbles. I'd start to distance myself and eventually be couple thousands km away in mental distance. Come back when you have good news. It's abit hard to help people who do not want to learn from their mistakes. That said, I probably keep repeating my own mistakes.

But hey.......kindness comes first and I will be gentle in nudging this be out.

Yoda, use your jedi force and nudge at light speed. But no winking though.

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
Thanks for all your comments.

Most of the people that no long need to be in my life no longer need me in their life either. And very little or nothing needs to be said. The season of interaction is over. At least for now.

Lucky you. Nothing wrong with mutual agreement. The easy way to solve it. Unfortunately it hasn't been like that in my books and I have to admit I have been on the other end of the stick as well (the one who got made "redandant")........not a very good feeling.
Have you ever been on redundant side?

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Yes I have Rochelle. A lot less often now if it happens at all. But when it did happen in the past it was because my own actions caused others to expel me from there lives.