A simple thing called Karma...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I was driving back form a country trip the other day, not really driving slow but perhaps a little bit under the limit.
Had 2 cars for whatever reason think it would be great to try and show off the power of their cars and attempt to break the sound barrier go past me.
5 minutes later I drove past one who happened to have pulled over by the highway patrol and another 5 minutes after that I passed the other one who seemed to be busy changing his car tyre...

All I could do was drive past smiling and thinking to myself how wonderful karma can be sometimes.

Anybody else believe in karma??

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
I find that karma is one of those energies that turn up more often when it is focused on and talked and focused on.

Speaking for myself only, I find that karma does what it should be doing when it is left to do its own thing. Especially the positive version.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Yes it does... If they want to waste good money showing off their cars power then do it down at the Motoplex not on a country road where they could possibly not only hurt themselves but somebody else...

Sexty8

Sexty8 - you do me , and then I owe you one!
Diamond Member
Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon,
You cum and go, you cum and go.
Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dreams,
Aussie gold and green, Aussie gold and green.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
I'll have to agree with that.

To each their own. However when they risk the safety of innocent people it can potentially be very unfortunate for some innocent person.

C

colzilla

Yes it does... If they want to waste good money showing off their cars power then do it down at the Motoplex not on a country road where they could possibly not only hurt themselves but somebody else...

Unfortunately dickheads are in plague proportions these days.

W

WRXXXR

Perhaps its the hoon in me but maybe they were annoyed with following someone sitting under the speed limit on a country road?? Let's all be honest, on a country road, outside of dawn and dusk, i cant see a reason not to sit on 110-119kms?

Any half decent, late model car would probably reach around 130-140kms when overtaking quickly and safely and to the driver being overtaken that would seem excessive but its really not.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Using bit of speed to overtake is fine by me but is there a need to keep your foot down?? Once you pass me as long as your a safe distance ahead there is no need to keep doing those speeds...
Perhaps its the hoon in me but maybe they were annoyed with following someone sitting under the speed limit on a country road?? Let's all be honest, on a country road, outside of dawn and dusk, i cant see a reason not to sit on 110-119kms?

Any half decent, late model car would probably reach around 130-140kms when overtaking quickly and safely and to the driver being overtaken that would seem excessive but its really not.

Demon

Legend Member
After the Southern Cross deaths due to speeding to pass a road train I am amazed at some of the comments. Police Commissioner said 60% of roads deaths in WA are on country roads. And all the enforcement is in the city, because that is where the fines can be maximized. Road safety? Huh! Money making more like it.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Certainly believe in Karma.........what goes around, comes around........sometimes it might not be instant and take a while but still.
Had a similar experience with speedy cars in town only that they didn't get pulled over by the police or had a break down but I did catch up with them on the next traffic light. So no point in pushing it when driving in the city. Rather be safe than sorry.

R.xxxxxxxx

F

Farm Boy

After the Southern Cross deaths due to speeding to pass a road train I am amazed at some of the comments. Police Commissioner said 60% of roads deaths in WA are on country roads. And all the enforcement is in the city, because that is where the fines can be maximized. Road safety? Huh! Money making more like it.

Not so much speeding to overtake a road train as overtaking as someone was parsing, two into three will not go.

And if anyone wants to live dangerously try overtaking a 36 or 42 meter road train that's doing 80K and your belting along at 81K.