A Real Life Hero...

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
A very good friend of mine called me late last night as he got home to his wife exhausted and in a state that is blended with anger and sadness. He is a volunteer that spends most of his time and what little money he has in the form of fuel and the occasional monetary contribution to the needy with what clinks around in his pocket.

Yesterday he started his day at 7am volunteering for an organisation that feeds the homeless. While he was handing out meals in the evening he gave a meal to a young woman with her 3 year old son. She had just been sexually abused and cannot return to where she lived. The whole time she fed her hungry son she cried as she nursed her injuries.

My friend called upon government organisations to find her a safe shelter. After calling many that had no space for her he drove this young woman and her son to these places one at a time and fought tooth and nail for many hours of the night. They kept brushing him off with attitude and told him to just leave her at the police. He did not give up.

In the end when they were hungry again he took the last orange folding money he had left and bought them both a meal from McDonalds ensuring the boy had a happy meal toy as well as a large stuffed toy that was donated. He was just about to bring these people into his home when his persistence paid off. One of the refuge shelter services came and took the woman and her son away with a taxi to a secret location.

In all this time the young woman tried and tried to give my friend a 50 dollar note. He refused as the boy needed it more.

-----------------------------------

My friend himself is unemployed......his wife is chronically ill and he stands by her and tends to her needs to the best he can. He himself has lost his career due to the organisation using him up and spitting him out. He is no longer able to seek employment at all as his billionaire ex employer has blacklisted him to pretty much everything.

Even Today Tonight and A Current Affair cringed and created obstacles to severe his inquiry when he told them who he worked for.

He is presently on antidepressants that get him through each day. Despite all odds....he is a HERO. Even in my down times, he has turned up with what ever he felt I needed. From food I did not have during my last 5 years when I occasionally starved because I allowed a very disturbed person to take everything from me and my child. To turning up and taking me to the Cavalia show when he felt that my child and I should see a circus which was a nice gesture from tickets donated to him. Yet I have never heard him whisper a word of self recognition.

------------------------------------

I there anybody out there that can point me in the right direction where he can get free legal aid to rectify his situation with his previous employer. There is a lot of money that he has been neglected of that is rightfully his. And he wishes to work again.

Any input will be appreciated....